Assistant Crane Operator
|Job reference nr.:||CT-072774|
|Discipline Category:||Platforms & Jack Ups|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||June 5, 2018|
We would required Professionals who worked for Drill Rig - such as Transocean, Japan Drilling, Atwood, Seadrill, Shelf Seadrill, KS Drilling.
- Operate the Rig’s cranes as qualified in a safe and efficient manner working within the design specifications and environmental limits of the crane.
- Be conversant and utilize appropriate company procedures for all lifting operations and ensures the inspection of all lifting equipment prior to use.
- Ensure Company approved crane signals are utilized
- Assist in the loading and off loading of equipment and supplies from supply boats and movement of materials around the rig and keeping accurate records.
- Monitor deck cargo to ensure it is clear of obstructions and correctly sea fastened
- Assist in keeping a running inventory of slings and lifting equipment in use as per lifting gear register. Record and remove damaged equipment.
- Participate in all pre-job planning for deck operations.
- Carry out first line maintenance and on tour checks and document as required.
- Assist the Crane operator and Deck Foreman in organizing the deck for efficient and safe operation
- Perform helideck duties as directed
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Assist the Crane Operator in carrying out performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development, or disciplinary action
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by the Employer
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per the Employer’s training matrix
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Mandatory Certificates:
- Valid STCW Certificatie
- Valid Medical certificate - ILOMLO or OGUK
- Valid Seaman book
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- Level/Stage 2 Crane Certificate required
- 3+ years previous experience in a role with 6th generation semi-sub drilling rigTwo years offshore related welding experience
- Fluent in English language
- Excellent teamworking skills
- Experienced in Knuckle boom & Lattice type cranes
Should you be interested in the position of Assistant Crane Operator, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Clara Teo, Personnel Coordinator in Singapore, stating reference number CT-072774