Back Deck Mechanic
|Job reference nr.:||LS-066189|
|Discipline Category:||Marine Environmental|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||October 31, 2017|
|Job location:||United States|
Looking for a permanent job as Back Deck Mechanic in United States? Atlas Professionals in Houston, United States is always looking for new Marine Environmental professionals. At the moment we have a vacancy for the position of Back Deck Mechanic.
- Participate in preventive maintenance program for Back Deck equipment, machinery and related Node Deployment and Retrieval Equipment including Conveyors, Gantry Cranes, Hydraulic Pumps, Air Compressors and all associated components.
- Identify equipment maintenance needs; record mechanical equipment readings; ensure accuracy of records kept.
- Perform routine mechanical and electrical maintenance activities on equipment including lubrication, inspection, and replacement parts; order and maintain stock levels of lubricants used in Back Deck equipment.
- Maintain records of Back Deck equipment history; maintain preventative maintenance records and schedules.
- Conduct performance tests of Back Deck equipment using pressure gauges, flowmeter, amp and voltmeters.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, update and repair malfunctioning Back Deck equipment; maintain, repair and overhaul treatment Back Deck equipment including compressors, conveyors, pumps and motors, compressors, belt press, valves, drive units, hydraulic control units, pneumatic equipment and hydraulic pressure systems.
- Perform pipefitting; install and repair air and hydraulic piping systems.
- Maintain efficient records on operations and activities; maintain Back Deck safety records; maintain and record shipping and receiving of parcels.
- Ensure and adhere to safe work practices and procedures including, but not limited to lockout/tag out and confined space rules and regulations.
- Interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and diagrams for a variety of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Perform related duties as required.
- At least 5 years of maritime mechanical experience.
- Methods and techniques of maintaining and repairing Back Deck equipment, machinery.
- Lubricants used in Back Deck equipment.
- Electrical codes.
- Fundamentals of pipefitting and fabrication.
- Programmable logic controls, telemetry units and fiber optics.
- Operational characteristics of maintenance equipment and tools.
- Metering and measuring devices related to electronics, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Basic mathematics.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications: Microsoft Office.
- Back Deck shipping and receiving procedures.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- NDT (Non Destructive Testing).
- Perform skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities including the installation, maintenance and repair of Back Deck equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on Back Deck equipment and machinery.
- Interpret, explain, and enforce department policies and procedures.
- Operate a variety of maintenance equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Read, interpret and understand technical manuals, blueprints, drawings, and diagrams.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, update and repair malfunctioning equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Maintain detailed records and prepare clear and concise reports.
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting software applications.
- Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
- Valid driver's license
- Current US Passport
- Current TWIC card
- BOSIET certification
- OGUK certification
- SafeGulf/Rig Pass (for Gulf of Mexico projects)
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check.
- Must be able to work seven days a week, including holidays. Must be able to work various shifts up to 12+ hours per day.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
Should you be interested in the position of Back Deck Mechanic, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Laura Smith, Business Manager - Houston in Houston, USA stating reference number LS-066189