|Job reference nr.:||RA-071540|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||April 30, 2018|
|Job location:||United Kingdom|
Atlas Professionals is looking for professionals to work as Buyer with one of the clients of the office in Bristol, United Kingdom. It’s a permanent position in United Kingdom. Do you have the necessary experience?
My client is a leading provider of engineering and underwater services, responding to the subsea cable installation, maintenance and burial requirements of our customers around the world. The company has a legacy of 165 years in deep and shallow water operations and operates worldwide with main offices in Chelmsford, UK and Singapore.
We currently have a requirement for an CIPS qualified or equivalent Buyer to join a busy team with procurement support, at a tactical and operational level.
Salary: £32,000 - £37,000
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Type of Position: Full Time Permanent
Start Date: April 2018
The purpose of the Buyer is to provide the business with excellent procurement support, at a tactical and operational level, driving out cost wherever possible without compromising the required quality considerations and timescales. To ensure the effective implementation and management of supply agreements, evaluation and mitigation of supply risks and delivery of procurement support in-line with my clients Procurement procedures and play an integral role in the continuous review and development of same.
- Taking ownership of the management of a range of bought in goods, services and subcontracts with responsibility for procuring them at the optimum price level given the quality and time considerations.
- Provide commercial support in the delivery of projects. To cover work in the Project Lifecycle, from the bid stage through to implementation, ensuring on time and within budget deliverables, whilst identifying and managing risk.
- To act as a mentor and role model within the Procurement team to facilitate the assurance of best practice with effective and efficient support being provided to the company.
- Develop successful working relationships with internal customers from various functional areas (including globally diverse cable depots and vessels as appropriate). Work with key stakeholders to ensure best procurement practice is adopted for all their third party expenditure with a real focus on supplier review and selection and cost reduction.
- To be proactive on the identification, development and, once agreed, implementation of new opportunities for cost reduction, supplier consolidation and procurement process improvements, working closely with stakeholders to meet the Procurement objectives and targets in line with the company’s strategic vision.
- Research, evaluate and qualify new suppliers to gain approved supplier status.
- Monitor, manage and develop supplier relationships and performance to ensure my client has a responsive and cost effective supply base.
- Ensuring my client is protected by favourable Contractual terms and conditions that are current, relevant and enforceable.
- Ensure all work is properly organised and communicated within the department and across the business.
- Work towards successful delivery of key KPI’s in a number of areas and report progress on a monthly basis.
- CIPS qualified or equivalent procurement experience; minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills with strategic thinking capability and the ability to work on own initiative when required.
- Good working knowledge of Contractual terms and conditions.
- Ability to influence at all levels within the organisation.
- Ability to travel, both nationally and internationally as required.
- Good working knowledge of all ‘Microsoft’ applications: particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A dynamic individual, being a good team player that is flexible and can function well under pressure.
Should you be interested in the position of Buyer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Reza Amin, Account Manager in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number RA-071540