|Job reference nr.:||MV-058232|
|Discipline Category:||Engineering & Project Controls|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||February 1, 2017|
Our client is looking for a Category Specialist. The job is based in Netherlands. Do you have the necessary skills? Contact our Engineering & Project Controls team in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
Our client located near Schiphol is currently searching for a Strategic Buyer.
The buyer is an important role within the Procurement team in ensuring that value is delivered to the business.
The role works closely with in the Procurement team, internal stakeholders and external third parties and continuously seeks to improve value delivery through a framework of Category Management. The role ensures Procurement is perceived as a positive, significant, value adding integral partner to the business.
- End-to-end Category Management
- External Market Expertise
- On-going improvements & delivery of value add
- Supplier Management
- Safety and Compliance
- Pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results oriented.
- Excellent influencing, communication and relationship management skills.
- Ambitious with a desire to succeed.
- Proven analytical skills including ability to gather, interpret complex data, summarize and communicate simply and effectively.
- Imaginative and creative.
- Clear understanding of Category Management principles.
- Knowledge of end to end Category Management including market insight, business partnering, negotiation, on-going supplier management and governance.
- Understanding of general and contract law.
- Commercial Know-How: Managing for value, is the external market, understanding our Customers, understanding the company.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor/Master degree that is relevant within the field of procurement.
- Membership of CIPS or equivalant (NEVI)
- Ability to influence stakeholders and manage conflicting views. Effective networking and business partnering skills.
- Experience of working in a global matrix organisation.
- Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line.
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Advanced influencing, persuading and negotiating skills. Ability to present complex ideas/concepts and take a consultative approach with stakeholders and peers.
- Team player with an ability to manage complex relationships and matrix teams.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and expeditiously exploit commercial opportunities. Advanced skill using MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Should you be interested in the position of Category Specialist, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Marvin van Dijk, Account Manager in Hoofddorp, Netherlands stating reference number MV-058232