|Job reference nr.:||RA-080850|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||October 5, 2018|
|Job location:||United Kingdom|
Atlas Professionals is looking for professionals to work as Fleet Manager with one of the clients of the office in Bristol, United Kingdom. It’s a permanent position in United Kingdom. Do you have the necessary experience?
Salary: Market Leading
- Cost effective management of vessels.
- Ensure that vessels are maintained in compliance with statutory, class and charter party requirements.
- Crewing of vessels with personnel of highest calibre hired within the allotted budgets.
- Motivation of the overall Operations team to achieve the set goals.
- Implement proven vessel management practices.
- Implement all directives of the company management relating to vessel management.
- Run safer ships to maintain cleaner oceans.
- Interfaces directly with major contractors and regulatory and industry bodies at senior level and on high value shipping projects. Ensures maximum reliability within allocated budget.
- Achieve zero off hire time.
- Monitor planned maintenance and ensure compliance.
- Apply best vessel management procedures to attain company targets.
The Fleet Manager (UK) shall be responsible, but not limited to, the following:
- Supervise daily operational activities of all assigned vessels, assist/monitor colleagues during their periods away from office.
- Keep the Line Manager advised on a regular basis about vessel operation, budgetary performance and any untoward incidents on vessels in the fleet.
- Prepares and manages the operating and capital budgets for assigned vessels. Controls and reviews all budgets and reporting regularly on variances.
- Controls requisitions of spares and stores to remain within yearly budgetary restraints, and ensures timely delivery on board. Regular liaison with other Company Managers at weekly meetings.
- Keep close contacts with clients, maintains good working relationships with client representatives who are involved in the operations of company’s vessels.
- Ensure adequate implementation of company’s quality, safety and environmental policy on board the vessels. Liaise with HSE to ensure all safety standards are met across the fleet.
- Monitors vessel condition through regular on board inspections and oversees major repairs.
- Oversees all mobilisation activities, reviews & approves major refits, dry-docking & major repairs.
- Initiate steps that help in the assessment of and building a highly motivated and competent pool of seafarers from different supply sources. Ensuring company policies and standards of recruitment are strictly followed by Crewing section.
- Train and supervise the Operations team and provide general guidance to the team with day to day operational involvement.
- Form part of the internal / external audit team as necessary.
- Monitors PMS and audits / revises standard jobs, work orders, new patches etc. as necessary.
- Any other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
- Becoming familiar with and complying with all GMS HSSEQ Policies, Standards, Procedures and Life Saving Rules.
- Taking personal accountability to ensure own safety and that of other colleagues, clients, visitors and/or contractors.
- Complying with GMS incident/accident reporting processes and any HSE initiatives.
- Ensuring appropriate PPE is worn at all times when required to do so.
- Completing site specific HSE Induction.
Required Competencies (skills, experience, knowledge)
- Knowledge of ISPS, ISM, Flag State and Classifications Society procedures and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is essential. Knowledge in other MS Office package such as Power Point and Project would be an advantage.
- People management skills preferably gained from working in a multicultural environment.
- Proven track record in intermediate and special dry dockings, ship repair, mobilisation / demobilisation of vessels and barges and new builds.
- Strong Commercial awareness and ability to interact with and satisfy client requirements.
- Jack-up vessel operation experience an advantage.
A Class One Certificate of Competency (Master or Chief Engineer - motor) STCW95 or equivalent experience.
Should you be interested in the position of Fleet Manager, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Reza Amin, Account Manager in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number RA-080850