Head of Sales
|Job reference nr.:||PI-062944|
|Discipline Category:||Engineering & Project Controls|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||August 1, 2017|
|Job location:||United Kingdom|
Atlas Professionals is looking for professionals to work as Head of Sales with one of the clients of the office in Bristol, United Kingdom. It’s a permanent position in United Kingdom. Do you have the necessary experience?
Our client a market leader in the Subsea Installation and Construction Industry is currently looking for a Head of Sales. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and securing the sale of Installation, Operating & Maintenance services and related offshore wind contracts, charters or consultancy within the key markets of Offshore Renewables. Essential to the role will be the individual’s ability to build, develop and manage an effective sales team. By qualifying opportunities and managing communication & information flows regarding sales opportunities, bids and contracts negotiations between the client, the Bids and Proposals Team and other departments in the business during the sales cycle. The successful individual will be responsible for the development of an annual Sales and marketing plan, a Sales Pipeline, Forecast and agreed set of Key Account Management plans alongside management reporting and sales team reporting.
- Develop a sales and marketing plan which ensures both new and existing customer relationships are in place to ensure the client is the provider of choice in its chosen power markets. Ensure account management plans are in place for all key accounts and provide timely sales input in to the annual marketing plan and events.
- Working alongside the Head of Bids and Proposals, ensure all relevant technical and commercial aspects of the bid are clearly understood by the Sales lead, as well as the Bids and Proposal Engineers and when necessary the contract negotiation team. Ensure that Sales and Proposals are closely aligned during the opportunity life cycle through to contract award or loss.
- Ensure the Sales lead responsible works closely with the proposals lead to produce a comprehensive proposal document, approves same before issue to client and follows up on all bid submissions within 10 working days of the submission date, providing feedback to the Proposals team.
- In conjunction with the Sales Director / Head of Bids and proposals, agree margins to be applied to proposals to reflect market pricing intelligence, inherent risk levels, the clients USP’s as well as the business plan targets for each market sector.
- Ensure sales team proactively provides input into Vessel Resource Meeting, clearly understands utilisation levels, alongside any gaps and is focussed to secure work to address same
- Provide the Managing Director / sales Director with regular reports related to all relevant sales, market and competitor activity including an accurate Sales Pipeline, Forecast and Key Account Plan data set
- Set and manage the annual Sales budget
- Other tasks as may be reasonably requested by line manager from time to time
- Minimum of 5 years Senior Sales or Business Development experience in a similar role, within the Offshore Wind Sector
- Experience in managing a remote and culturally diverse team
- A good understanding of contractual terms and conditions, risk management and RQHSE practices
- Extensive experience in sales, negotiating and closing major contracts
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in an engineering discipline or with an MBA
- Excellent interpersonal, management and reporting skills
- Good working knowledge of Sharepoint MS Office and CRM systems
- Willingness to undertake frequent periods of domestic and international travel
Atlas Professionals are a Global provider of specialists to the the Energy sector and are keen to hear from professionals who meet the criteria for this and other similar positions. We offer competitive pay rates and market leading knowledge supporting the provision of offshore specialists. For further information regarding this and other similar opportunities please contact us
Should you be interested in the position of Head of Sales, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Patrick Ibeziako, Account Manager in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number PI-062944