IT Support Technician
|Job reference nr.:||PI-062987|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||August 1, 2017|
|Job location:||United Kingdom|
Are you an experienced IT Support Technician looking for a new challenge in United Kingdom? Apply now with Atlas Professionals in Bristol, United Kingdom for the position of IT Support Technician.
Our client a market leader in the Subsea Installation and Construction Industry is currently looking for IT Support Technician.
- Information Technology exists to enable and enhance business communication, facilitate access to information and to increase productivity through an efficient and integrated environment.
- The Technician is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the IT infrastructure for shore and fleet to a first / second level.
- The company currently has a fleet of vessels deployed globally and the Technician may on occasions be required to travel in order to support the fleet IT infrastructure for hardware, software and communications systems.
- The company works with other companies in Joint Ventures. The Technician will offer hardware, software and infrastructure support to these JV’s and on occasions be required to travel in order to support the systems.
- Working within a small team, they must be able to provide support duties as backup to their colleagues.
- Technician must be looking to learn and build on existing skill set.
- To administer and support the shore and fleet-based data and voice infrastructure
- To administer and support desktop applications / hardware and printers
- To resolve support issues in an efficient and proactive manner
- Working to predefined SLAs and effectively prioritising work
- To ensure that procedures and configuration records are accurate and up-to-date
- To promote the effective use of IT throughout the business
- To support fleet communications – both satellite and terrestrial systems
- To ensure that the helpdesk system is used to log and close calls to agreed SLAs and that Users are kept informed of any changes
- To administer and support the J.V hardware and infrastructure
- To ensure that scheduled maintenance tasks are completed
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in helpdesk and desk-side support.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- MCP / MCITP certification or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Good knowledge of desktop Microsoft applications
- Substantial experience of Windows 7 / Windows 10 installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange Server
- Good understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, Wireless access points and routers to actively support the global infrastructure
- Experience of troubleshooting Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows 10 and Office (2010/2013) on the desktop
- Ability to be able to lift and carry computer equipment
- Have good customer facing and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, well organised and able to cope with tight deadlines.
- Citrix administration, Mailsweeper, SonicWALL Firewalls.
- Experience working with Microsoft SharePoint.
Atlas Professionals are a Global provider of specialists to the the Energy sector and are keen to hear from professionals who meet the criteria for this and other similar positions. We offer competitive pay rates and market leading knowledge supporting the provision of offshore specialists. For further information regarding this and other similar opportunities please contact us.
Should you be interested in the position of IT Support Technician, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Patrick Ibeziako, Account Manager in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number PI-062987