Marine Assurance Manager - QHSE
|Job reference nr.:||LS-066182|
|Discipline Category:||Marine Environmental|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||October 31, 2017|
|Job location:||United States|
Looking for a permanent job as Marine Assurance Manager - QHSE in United States? Atlas Professionals in Houston, United States is always looking for new Marine Environmental professionals. At the moment we have a vacancy for the position of Marine Assurance Manager - QHSE.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of vessel selection criteria and operational guidelines related to vessel operations.
- Conducts subcontractor Safety Management System (SMS) assessments of vessel suppliers and other contractors to determine their suitability and capability to support their offshore activities.
- Performs onboard assessments of potential hire vessels proposed/identified for anticipated seismic surveys to determine if they are fit for purpose, effectively managed and properly crewed.
- Generates audit/assessment summaries to provide guidance to be utilized in the contractor/vessel selection process.
- Develops a SMS Gap Analysis of potential contractors to enable the QHSE team to develop Bridging (Interfacing) documents for the effective integration of the contractor into subsequent survey projects.
- Reviews marine crew CVs, licenses, training certification and associated documentation to ensure regulatory compliance and appropriate experience.
- Monitors documentation of chartered vessels to ensure compliance with Class, Flag State and other mandatory or prescribed requirements throughout the duration of survey so as not to impact survey operations.
- Interacts with client marine assurance to facilitate vessel acceptance by client.
- Generates letters of sea service and other support documents related to Merchant Mariner Credentials for previous and current employees.
- Assists the HSE team with the investigation of incidents involving marine equipment or personnel and the development of a Root Cause Analysis.
- Acts as an internal review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved.
- Supports the Commercial Team in the compilation and submission of vessel data for client tenders and RFI’s.
- Monitors the safety, pollution, environmental and regulatory aspects of vessel operations to ensure full compliance with Safety Management System and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates marine assurance activities with QHSE department to ensure continuity and integrity of operations.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Performs related duties as required.
- At least 8 years onboard/offshore experience at a senior supervisor level required. Current or prior Deck or Engineering license holder preferred.
- Bachelors level degree in Marine Transportation or Marine Engineering or equivalent marine/naval experience required.
- Formal ISM and ISO lead auditor training with a minimum of 3 years of vessel inspection/auditing experience required.
- Must hold or have the ability to obtain valid training/certification for QMS Lead Auditor, Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis, and Incident Command Training.
- International Maritime Organization convention requirements and their practical application to vessels used in seismic survey operations, e.g. ISM, SOLAS, STCW, MARPOL, ISPS.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications. Microsoft Office.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
- Valid driver's license
- Current US Passport
- Current TWIC card
- BOSIET certification
- OGUK certification
- Offshore Water Survival training certification
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
Should you be interested in the position of Marine Assurance Manager - QHSE, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Laura Smith, Business Manager - Houston in Houston, USA stating reference number LS-066182