|Job reference nr.:||KL-073207|
|Discipline Category:||Marine Environmental|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||June 1, 2018|
Are you an experienced Marine Fauna Observer looking for a new challenge in Aruba? Apply now with Atlas Professionals in Houston, United States for the position of Marine Observer.
Job specific responsibilities
- Monitor the well surroundings during daylight hours.
- Observation and identification of the specific Marine Fauna (marine mammals, sea turtles, fish and birds)
- Estimate with the highest accuracy possible distance ranges at sea.
- Monitor potential impacts of operations to marine fauna
- Monitor compliance with local legislation, Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Management Plan, as well as contract HSE requirements, policies, and practices
- Assure proper implementation of all environmental and biodiversity programs required by national legislation
- Monitor marine fauna activities resulting from sightings.
- Record sightings in a scientific and accurate manner.
- Produce a weekly marine fauna sighting report.
- Maintain statistics on a monthly basis
- Produce georeferenced sighting maps.
- Ensure that final report is produced and sent to all relevant parties in agreed time frame.
- Participate in safety meetings and documents attendance and topics.
- Participate in the award of good practices, safe behaviors and HSE initiatives during operations.
- Proper knowledge of the ERP of the project.
- Participate in emergency drills.
- Take immediate action in situations where imminent serious or major unsafe conditions exist.
Participate actively in the Drillship preventive observation program
University degree (BSc) in Biology, Ecology equivalent
Formal postgraduate and certified training related to marine fauna identification and observation techniques
3-5 years experience as Marine Fauna Observer
Experience applying JNCC Guidelines.
Should you be interested in the position of Marine Observer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Karin Loo, Operations Manager in Houston, United States stating reference number KL-073207