|Job reference nr.:||MW-073209|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Marine|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||May 28, 2018|
|Job duration:||4 months|
|Schedule:||4 Weeks On / 4 Weeks Off|
Are you looking for the next frontier in Offshore Marine? We are recruiting for the position of Master right now for a clients DP 3 Semi Submersible Accommodation Support Vessel . Upload your CV for the recruiters in West Perth, Australia to review.
The role of the Master is to ensure the safe and efficient management of the vessel to the satisfaction of the Owners and the Charterer and to act as the Company Representative. The Master is responsible for the Health, Safety, Security and Welfare of all personnel working on the offshore installation and the protection of the environment.
The Master is the ultimate authority on board charged with carrying for the operation of the vessel, the gangway and all other plant and equipment within safe limits and in accordance with the terms of the contract. The Master is to ensure all operations are carried out in line with Company policies, rules and regulations and complying with all applicable national and international laws and regulations.
Required Certificates and Courses
• Master Class 1 (II/2 >3000GT)
• Dynamic Positioning Operator unlimited Licence
• Ballast Control Operator Certificate or Stability 2 for MODU, highly preferred
• Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (BOSIET)
• AMSA medical clearance
• GMDSS Certificate
• Ship Security Officer (SSO)
• Advanced Fire Fighting Course
• Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boat (PSCRB)
• Desirable to have 3-year experience from DP Class 2 or Class 3 Semi-Submersible Floatel with Telescopic Gangways.
• Previous experience to include Kongsberg K-Pos DP system.
• Desirable to hold Kongsberg Training for Follow-Target and Quick Response mode for turret moored weather vanning installations.
• MODU operational and emergency ballast control training.
• Effective, credible leadership with respect to the potential role requirements in order to direct, coordinate and control the vessel so that the operation is effected, efficient and safe. (Communication, coping with stress, constructive critique/debrief, drill planning and evacuation).
• Knowledge of MODU operations in general and systems that may impact the vessel’s ability to respond to an emergency.
• Knowledge of MODU emergency systems and procedures, including firefighting, emergency ballast control and stability, evacuation, and the role and capabilities of assigned support vessels (e.g. Standby/Rescue).
• Emergency command and control techniques / Management of major emergencies
• Read and speak English.
Should you be interested in the position of Master/DPO, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Mark Walton, Senior Operations Coordinator in West Perth, Australia stating reference number MW-073209