|Job reference nr.:||LS-076233|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||July 1, 2018|
|Job duration:||7 months|
|Schedule:||5 Days a week|
|Job location:||United Kingdom|
Are you looking for the next frontier in Offshore Wind? We are recruiting for the position of Mechanical Engineer right now. Upload your CV for the recruiters in Bristol, United Kingdom to review.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to provide qualification and development support to current and future HMN wet plant products. To be responsible for the design, testing and development of components and processes relating to HMN’s wet plant product portfolio. Support processes and procedures for the integration of all wet plant products in cable systems, liaising with GMSL departments when required. Ensure (where possible) working practices are conducted in a way conducive to HMN providing quality, cost effective and reliable solutions for it’s customers.
- Provide technical support to the HMN UK team in the development of HMN wet plant solutions, including the design of Internal and external mechanical hardware for current and future product.
- Develop new and support existing processes and procedures for the integration of all wet plant products in cable systems.
- Conduct performance qualification and evaluation of HMN wet plant products and their related components as directed.
- Support resolution of problems that arise from repeater assembly and integration and give technical support to HMN R &D, Manufacturing and GMSL departments such as ‘Cable Engineering’ in order to gain satisfactory close out.
- Give necessary instruction to technicians on repeater integration facilitating technology transfer to Manufacturing and Marine Operations where necessary.
- Apply Mechanical Engineering knowledge in support of the development, qualification and tech transfer of new equipment and process into the business.
- Provide the Mechanical Engineering Manager regular updates of current development activities and advise of any project delays and their mitigation
- Attend/lead technical meetings and R&D test programs as required and in accordance with project requirement.
- Generate clear, concise and detailed design and test documentation and records in support of development and qualification testing
- Provide technical support to HMN/GMSL sales teams both in house and with customers.
- Provide support to Project Delivery and Manufacturing teams overseas as required and in accordance with the contractual demands of the business
- Minimum of BSC (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering or HNC/HND with relevant technical training /apprenticeship and/or equivalent.
- Conversant in and working knowledge of 3D CAD and printing software
- Fully conversant with all Microsoft office tools (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint, project, outlook, etc.)
Be fully conversant with Mechanical Engineering and Material test equipment and processes.
- Have a proven ability to provide novel innovative solutions to problems in accordance with a philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Ability to foster excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work on complex issues both in a team and individually, remotely overseas and under pressure whilst maintaining quality of output.
- Display a methodical and structured approach to problem solving with good attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to switch disciplines in order to maximise efficiency throughout.
- Project and time management experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the subsea/ submarine telecommunications industry.
- Proven awareness/ understanding of the issues associated with Subsea corrosion, hermetic sealing and thermal management of subsea electronics housings and structures
- Conversant in Solid Works 3D CAD software.
- CEng status or evidence of CPD working towards Chartership
- Experience of working overseas ( e.g. China)
Should you be interested in the position of Mechanical Engineer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Leon Simpson, Personal Coordinator in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number LS-076233