Protection and Test Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||LS-076052|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||July 1, 2018|
|Schedule:||5 Days a week|
|Job location:||United Kingdom|
Looking for a temporary job as Protection and Test Engineer in United Kingdom? Atlas Professionals in Bristol, United Kingdom is always looking for new Offshore Wind professionals. At the moment we have a vacancy for the position of Protection and Test Engineer.
- Prepare up-front analysis and define protection philosophy of wind farm
- Participate in preparation of technical specification and Employer's Requirements
- Plan and execute peer reviews according to QA/QC guidelines.
- Evaluate of tenders and support in clarification meetings with suppliers
- Understand and manage interfaces for the control, monitoring and protection works towards other project packages as well as towards suppliers
- Perform and review calculation of instrument transformers and; electrical interfaces across whole wind farm in order to secure redundancy, safety and security of protection system
- In close cooperation with colleagues define monitoring for entire plant and design of protection user interface
- Deliver calculations of relay settings for the whole wind farm and provide suppliers with the necessary parameter set
- Review the suppliers' protection design documents, protection schematics configuration and communication software provided by suppliers (DIGSI files , Micom files etc)
- Participate in FATs, SATs of protection system components
- In cooperation with Commissioning Manager plan, execute and document SITs of HV/MV & protection system prior to energization.
- Plan, execute and document the "on load tests" of protection system
- Provide technical support during investigation of disturbances and power system faults, post commissioning
- Assist in preparing substation interlocking logic and SCADA point lists
- Ensure that the project HV/MV is delivered safely on time on quality and within scope and budget
- Comply with DONG Energy's standard solutions and guidelines and current standards, ie ISO9001.
- Ensure that the HV/MV equipment are specified design wordings and produced according to relevant standards e.g. IEC
- Participate in project team meetings and cross discipline cooperation
- Ensure that the best technical practices are implemented
- Ensure hand-over of agreed documentation to O&M and OFTO
- Comply with and enforce the Company HSE requirements/policy
Should you be interested in the position of Protection and Test Engineer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Leon Simpson, Personal Coordinator in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number LS-076052