Senior Drilling Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||FM-070457|
|Discipline Category:||Drilling & Well Services|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||February 25, 2018|
|Job duration:||> 1 year|
|Schedule:||Monday to Friday|
Atlas Professionals is specialized in Drilling & Well Services. At the moment our client have an opening for the temporary position of Senior Drilling Engineer to work in Norway. Interested in this temporary position? Let us know.
- Exhibit a sound knowledge of discipline, the organization's systems, and consistent satisfactory level of competence in identified behaviors and skills required.
- Work independently approaching complex situations, providing recommendations on local/regional issues by working/interacting with other internal/external departments regularly.
- Proactively anticipate problems and apply independant judgement to develop approaches to solving problems.
- Seek experience and expertise of more senior staff when dealing with situations with little or no precedence or in the development of new ideas or technology.
- Mentors staff within area of expertise, and may include responsibility for specific budget/capital spending items.
- Support and promote the company's policies, business philosophy, objectives, and values.
- Exhibit strong teamwork, communication and problem solving skills.
* Contribute in ensuring compliance with both regulations and company procedures, and handle non-conformity as required;
* Identify risks to people and the environment, and mitigate them so they are as low as reasonable practicable;
* Proactively identify ways to continuously improve HSE performance;
* Stop any job that harm people or the environment, and;
* Transfer experiences, good and bad, which could lead to continuous improvement of HSE performance.
General Attributes, misson:
- To design and follow-up the drilling of wells and other rig based activities, ensuring optimum efficiency and safety performance
- To supervise the well construction planning team including contractors
General Attributes, function:
- Coordinating the well construction planning team to prepare a plan to deliver Wells rig-based activities safely, on time, within budget, fit for purpose and meeting all objectives.
- Ensuring that all legislative requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Continuous monitoring of ongoing operations, identification and investigation of problems and areas of poor performance, calculation of cost impact and recommendation of remedial measures (continuous improvement).
- Investigation and follow up of equipment failures or performance deficiencies, ensuring lessons learned are recorded and distributed as appropriate.
- Preparation of time and cost budgets.
- Preparation of rig-based activity programmes, ensuring lessons learned are used during the planning.
- Ensuring that all materials are fit for purpose and available in a timely manner.
- Plan and schedule the supply of drilling materials and services for each drilling operation.
- Administration of the Management of Change process during execution phase.
- Quality control and approval of Capex invoices relating to wells being managed up to the RNAS approval limit.
- Be part of the Drilling Superintendent duty schedule.
Msc in drilling technology
Special Knowledge required:
knowledge and understanding of NORSOK D-010
Minimum 10 to 12 years of experience within drilling and completion. Need to have experience from both on- and offshore drilling operations of both platform and jack-up/floaters.
General experience with general Microsoft tools, including Excel
Should you be interested in the position of Senior Drilling Engineer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Frode Myhre, Sr. Account Manager in Stavanger, Norway stating reference number FM-070457