|Job reference nr.:||AT-066943|
|Discipline Category:||Engineering & Project Controls|
|Type of work:||Contract|
|Start date:||November 1, 2017|
|Job duration:||> 1 year|
|Schedule:||Monday to Friday|
At the moment we have an opening for a Senior Petrophysicist who currently lives in The Netherlands, preferably in the province of Zuid-Holland. Interested in this long term contractor position ? Let us know.
- Oversee all operating (and non-operating) well logging/coring operations, ensuring quality data is delivered for all well logging operations.
- Perform Integrated Formation Evaluation for a specific exploration and development portfolio. For example, timely delivery of all log evaluations for regional studies and prospect maturation.
- Provide rock physics support to seismic modelling (QI) studies.
- Incorporate Special Core Analysis Measurements for full field analysis inc: m, n and capillary pressure curves.
- Provide expert formation pressure and fluid interpretations.
- Provide relevant input to well and operations planning.
- Communicate and coordinate with other functions (especially Well/Completions Engineering) and group functions to ensure timely delivery of exploration activities in a cost effective manner.
- Monitor and evaluate wells being drilled.
- Plan and deliver optimum formation-evaluation programmes for our client’s operated wells.
- Identify and manage key subsurface uncertainties and project risks
- Manage relationship with providers. Make recommendation for acquisition/ re-evaluation of new data/studies.
- Provide support to other projects and business development activities. Support dataroom and new BD opportunities.
- Ensure overall alignment of work methods and exchange of knowledge with other petrophysicsists in the Company.
- Evaluate and successfully promote technical opportunities that add materially to the overall value of our Client.
- In operated ventures, provide formation evaluations for co-ventures and governmental agencies as required.
- Participation in peer reviews.
- Manage the provision of Petrophysical software and updates.
- Know, understand and develop your roles and responsibilities.
- Provide advice/mentoring to co-workers on all aspects of formation evaluation.
- Provide input data for our client's static geocellular models and/or for rock physics modeling as required.
- University degree in petroleum engineering, geology (or allied discipline).
- Approx. 15-20 years of oil and gas industry experience, ideally gained in an operating environment across a range of geologies and including development and new play territories.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment and techniques for open-hole wireline logging, LWD, and cased-hole production logging.
- Ability to interpret and integrate routine and special core analysis.
- Ability to develop and integrate petrophysical uncertainties with the wider subsurface team and geocellular models.
- Ability to generate saturation height models from log and capillary pressure data.
- Wide-ranging analytical experience (including petrophysics of clastic and carbonate systems, of matrix, fractured and dual-porosity reservoirs, bearing oil, gas or gas with condensate in normally or over pressured systems).
- Proven track record of working with North Sea reservoirs. Preference for candidates with HPHT and Chalk evaluation experience.
Should you be interested in the position of Senior Petrophysicist, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Arie Timmer, Deputy Operations manager in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands stating reference number AT-066943