Senior Project Surveyor
|Job reference nr.:||HH-058190|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Survey & Construction|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||February 1, 2017|
|Job duration:||6 months|
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Project Surveyor for an onshore office based role initially for 6 months in Norway. Start date to be agreed, but starting as soon as possible.
The Senior Project Surveyor will work within the clients Survey Department and act as Survey contact point between the clients office and our internal and external customers. The position shall entail providing requisite survey expertise to assist in tracking of the quality/personnel and equipment during performance through mobilization, operation and reporting. The position will also provide survey input and advice for commercial tenders and experience in this area would be an advantage.
This is an onshore based position – 6 months duration, with a possibility for prolongation.
- Liaise and assist Project Managers in support of their projects from a survey requirements perspective
- Participate as required in Project handover / Contract review / HAZOPS
- Responsible for the preparation of survey procedures for projects
- Participate in establishing the offshore project organisation, responsibilities and authorities
- Assist in establishing correct equipment requirements and mobilisations/demobilisations - oversee ordering, checking and timely delivery of equipment to worksites
- Brief survey crew onboard vessel at time of mobilization and monitor daily performance of survey team during operations
- Take responsibility for reporting and deliverables
- Assist with commercial tenders when requested for survey input
- Offshore trips as required by project requirements
- Keep updated of the status of projects during offshore phase.
- Extensive SURF project knowledge
- Bachelor or Master degree or other relevant education (Surveying or Engineering)
- 7-10 years relevant experience from the subsea-service business
Personal qualities should include:
- Good organising and planning skills
- Commercial focus
- Strong leadership skills
- Good communicator
- Go-ahead spirit
- Strong language skills both written and oral English
Should you be interested in the position of Senior Project Surveyor, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Hayley Boyd-Hawkins, Personnel Coordinator in Newquay, United Kingdom stating reference number HH-058190