|Job reference nr.:||MV-067148|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||October 30, 2017|
Site Team Leader/Supervisor required for a long term project based in the Netherlands. This is for a client that ranks among the top five grid operators in Europe. Their focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimise safety performance.
Their 1000 MW HVDC cable improves the security of supply in both areas and contributes to the further integration of the north-western European energy market.
The Site Team Leader/Supervisor based at the Maasvlakte HVDC converter station in The Netherlands has a critical role in running and operating the link to maximise operational availability and to drive commercial value for the business.
The Maasvlakte Site Team Leader/Supervisor has accountability for the safe and efficient delivery of all operational activities at the Maasvlakte HVDC Converter station.
- Planning, co-ordination and management of all maintenance activities
- Emergency repair and trip response
- The co-ordination of operational activities alongside the operational team based at the Isle of Grain converter station in the UK
- The management and delivery of operational and capital projects to drive efficiency and deliver maximum value from the interconnector assets.
Leading a small team of Site Operators, the role provides a great development opportunity for a high performing operational Team Leader wanting to get some experience of working in an international joint venture with a strong commercial focus.
Your duty station will be Maasvlakte converter station site although on occasion you may be required to travel to Arnhem, the UK (Isle of Grain and Solihull) or, less frequently, to other European locations.
- You will be responsible for maintaining all assets at the Maasvlakte converter station site.
- You will act as ‘work responsible’ according BEI-BHS, BEI-BLS and Client specific rules (Safety and Operational), having responsibility for managing all HV, LV, mechanical and civil works at the Maasvlakte site.
- As a commercial business the importance of maintaining the reliability of the interconnector is critical.
- You will play a central role in ensuring that faults and asset failures are resolved as quickly as possible such that the availability of the link is maximized.
- In order to keep the link operational for as much time as possible, you will need to work closely with operational colleagues in the UK to co-ordinate maintenance activities by planning in detail all the work that needs to be carried out during plant outages.
- Whilst on a day to day basis you will be managing the work activities of the day team operators, during planned outages you will take responsibility for coordinating and leading a campaign of works carried out by more than 40 client and contract staff.
- As part of the Operations Management Team, you will have the opportunity to lead operational projects and initiatives that will make a real difference to the overall success of the business.
- Your ideas for increasing value and finding better or improved ways of managing the link will be welcomed and encouraged.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Creating a positive safety culture and developing assurance of procedural compliance for all those working at the Maasvlakte site.
- Accountability for managing and ensuring the safety of all employees, contractors and third parties visiting or carrying out activities on site.
- Ensuring that all work carried out on site by the client or contract staff has appropriate Risk Assessments, Method Statements, or other required documentation to ensure the safety of both personnel working on site as well as the integrity of the interconnector assets.
- Working with the Ops team at Grain (UK), developing, managing and implementing detailed and robust maintenance plans to ensure all required maintenance is scheduled, resourced and completed during the planned outage periods. Ensuring the Maasvlakte site is ready to re-energise and return to service on time.
- Managing the productivity and deliverables of staff and contractors working on site.
- Managing and reviewing asset condition and performance data to identify trends and early signs of asset unreliability.
- Managing spend on contractors, service providers, materials, equipment and resource against a site budget.
- Accountable for the delivery of maintenance, capital and minor scheme projects in a cost effective and timely way.
- Accountable for commissioning any new assets onto the system.
- Ensuring site emergency plans are in place and routinely tested.
- Undertaking standby and emergency call out duties as required as part of an agreed rota.Hosting site visits from senior management, National Grid and external visitors, ensuring the client is represented in a professional manner.
- Assisting in the continuing development of client processes and procedures and ensuring that these are communicated and implemented appropriately at the Maasvlakte site.
- Managing and ensuring the completion of all scheduled maintenance activities in a timely way, ensuring that work orders are completed and closed out in the Work Management system.
- Ensuring that all asset defects are reported, recorded in the Work Management system, prioritized and rectified in a timely manner.
- Managing stocks of site spares to ensure that appropriate stock levels are maintained at all times.
- Acting as a backup Operator and Work Responsible resource to cover for sickness or other absence of Operators. Where necessary being the second person in relation to Safety from the System. Assisting where necessary in undertaking work activities on site.
- Taking ownership of any operational or safety incidents on site and ensuring that they are recorded and investigated with lessons learnt and agreed actions being shared across the business and closed out in a timely manner.
- Electrical MBO+ (equal level of experience and education HBO).
- A strong team player with the ability to build positive relationships with a range of different types of people.
- A good understanding of the NL and UK energy infrastructure.
- Ability to understand and communicate in the English language (read, write and speech).
- Ability to analyse information and offer advice on conclusions to support effective decision making.
- Good organization skills with an ability to develop manage and implement complex maintenance outages and associated work activities.
- A willingness to be highly flexible with a ‘hands on’ approach to getting things done.
- An ability to think around an issue to identify safe and efficient solutions to operational asset related issues.
- A commercial mind-set with an ability to understand the commercial implications of operational courses of action.
Should you be interested in the position of Site Team Leader/Supervisor, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Marvin van Dijk, Account Manager in Hoofddorp, Netherlands stating reference number MV-067148