Sr. Drilling Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||KL-070173|
|Discipline Category:||Engineering & Project Controls|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||March 1, 2018|
|Schedule:||Monday to Friday|
|Job location:||United States|
At the moment we have a vacancy for the temporary position of Sr. Drilling Engineer. Interested? And do you have the necessary experience?
- Supervise the well engineering activities throughout the entire well design and construction process. Ensure well design meets the well objectives and is engineered in accordance with the applicable regulations and established standards (including NORSOK Standard D-010 and CLIENT Well Construction Process and Procedure), safe practices, risk analysis, legislation and environment friendly manner / approach.
- Ensure that information from offset and analogous wells, restrictions and environmental considerations meet project specifications.
- Ensure all the necessary inputs required for the required permits for the well operations are delivered within the set deadlines for the project.
- Prepare the Technical Specifications for Drilling equipment, materials and services for supporting the process of purchasing / tendering.
- Prepare final well design (including Basis of Well Design and Casing design etc), time / cost estimates, AFEs and drilling programs (casing and drill string designs, mud and cement programs; bit / BHA programs; coordination and incorporation of wellbore evaluation programs; well control procedures; contingency plans; well barrier envelopes; etc.) for the planned Exploration well.
- Responsible for writing detailed drilling program, and detailed procedures (Plan of Actions, POAs) for safe and efficient operations while maintaining expenditures within planned budget and schedule.
- Responsible for conducting the Drill well on paper exercise (DWOP) and Pre-Spud meetings with assistance from Drilling Superintendent.
- Conduct and participate in peer reviews, peer assists, risk assessments and hazard analysis in accordance with CLIENT standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure all relevant lessons learned from previous projects have been reviewed and necessary actions / plans have been utilized and implement in the well design activities.
- Responsible for maintaining and conducting regular reviews and follow-up of the Well Risk Register to capture all the project and well risks and identified actions to mitigate the risks.
- Responsible for the preparation and conducting frequent reviews of the detailed well Master Equipment List (MEL) for all the phases/sections of the well. Assist logistics team in ensuring that all the LLIs and equipment required for the project are covered in the materials logistics plan.
- Responsible for the preparation and conducting final review of the well drilling programme.
- Responsible for the preparation and conducting final review of the well P&A programme.
- Responsible for the preparation and conducting final review of the Well Containment Plan, Blow Out Contingency Plan and Relief Well Plan.
- Responsible for identifying and handling dispensations and non-conformances if and when necessary, following Company process and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation and perform final review of key HSE and Logistics documentation (e.g. Emergency Response Plan, Oil Spill Response Plan, HSE Bridging Document, MEDEVAC Plan, Helicopter Boarding Procedure, Logistics Plan, HAZID, HAZOP, Bow Tie etc).
- Assist in preparation of the Well Control Bridging Document.
- Responsible for finalizing the equipment and tools mobilization plan.
- Responsible for the preparation and estimating the Well KPI’s and develop rig operational KPI’s for the project.Responsible for capturing the best practices, lessons learnt and key performance indicators by means of the knowledge management methodologies available.
- Ultimately, act as the main onshore engineering focal point for all operations at the well site and ensure all engineering support required for the sooth, safe, cost effective and in environmental friendly operations is provided by the engineering team while complying with the drilling programme, company policy, local regulations and best industry practices.
- Ensure regulatory and corporate policy conformance in all well operations.
- Ensure that required approvals are obtained prior to initiation of any activity and that the activity is then conducted in accordance with the approvals received.
- Provide 24/7 engineering support to the operations team and manage all aspects of the well engineering itself.
- Manage and coordinate respective service providers / contractors to ensure effective and timely delivery of required equipment and services.
- Responsible for operational performance tracking (actual vs. planned) and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Assist the Cost Controller and Operations Engineers for the tracking costs, and well planned vs
actual schedule on a daily basis. Actively monitor costs performance during the well operations.
- Ensure that daily and weekly project status reports to the management are delivered in time.
- Monitor real time data and generate post operations analysis and costs studies.
- Responsible for any necessary actions for managing changes in the well construction project concerning drilling planning and operations. Identify and handle dispensations and non-conformances if and when necessary, following Company process and procedures.
- Continually keep track of and follow-up of the agreed actions in the Well Risk Register, and hold review of the risks register for each phases/sections as part of finalizing the operational procedures. Ensure that all the actions assigned to the engineering team are implemented.
- Review the Daily Drilling Report, ensuring it is detailed and accurate prior to wider distribution.
- Review the daily operational performance on the rig, and suggest for improvement actions for the performance improvement and to ensure that the operational consistency is achieved.
- Review the Daily Lookahead and assist in planning ahead for the logistical requirements.
- Responsible for the final preparations of all Plan of Actions (Work Instructions) prior to execution.
- Adopt the role of Engineering Leader, as required, as per the Client Emergency Response Plan.
- Assist in any accident / incident investigations, as required.
- Responsible for the preparation of any Management of Change (MoC) documents and conduct any required risk assessments.
- Promote Cost Saving alternatives considering the risks assessment to the ALARP philosophy in the exploration well project.
- Supervise the Contracts Management for the Drilling Contracts and provide technical support for resolution of the outstanding disputes/invoices.
- Assist in complete compliance with the Client equipment QA/QC requirements for all the equipment prior to being sent to the well site.
- Review that all Non Productive Time is accurately captured in a high level of detail and any required supporting documentation is delivered and documented in a timely manner.
- Ensure all lessons learned are accurately captured in a high level of detail for implementation on subsequent projects.
Post Well / Project Close-out Phase:
- Responsible for completion of the End of Well Report (EOWR), ensuring that the document is accurate and highly detailed.
- Responsible for the close out of all outstanding field tickets and invoices.
- Responsible for conducting all the Service Quality Meetings (SQM’s) / Performance Review Meetings (PRM’s) and ensure that all relevant technical input are documented and captured in the EOWR.
- Assist the logistics team to ensure that all the rental items are demobilized in time and are off hired from the project.
- 15-20 years direct experience in engineering for a drilling operation
- Degree qualified in Engineering.
- Valid Well Control certification (IWCF Level 4 Combined Surface and Subsea BOP Stack or IADC WellSHARP Supervisor Level).
- Valid Offshore Survival certification (e.g. BOSIET and HUET or equivalent).
- Valid Medical certification.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
Excellent written and oral command of the English language.
Should you be interested in the position of Sr. Drilling Engineer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Karin Loo, Operations Manager in Houston, United States stating reference number KL-070173