|Job reference nr.:||EJ-135902|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||August 1, 2022|
Our client is responsible for a few projects in the North Sea. At this moment, we are looking for a WTG Engineer for a big name in the wind industry. They are looking for a strong personality, with or without offshore experience in a similar role, and a no-nonsense mentality.
Offshore wind is characterized by lightning-fast development of technology as well as changing market conditions and regulations. Our client offshore portfolio currently consists of 6 wind farms, some of them will be completed in 2023. Further growth will come from development of new offshore wind farms in Northwest Europe. The Asset Management & Operations team makes an important contribution to continuous improvement based on its knowledge and experience.
The Borssele III-IV and V offshore windfarms have a total installed capacity of 750 MW and are fully operational since January 2021. These Dutch windfarms serviced are from Ostend where also the Asset Management & Operations team for this cluster is based.
The asset owner team holds office in Rotterdam. The Borssele team is part of the Wind Operations Offshore department, which consists of a WTG team, BOP team, asset analysts, HSE and ecology specialists. The other team members are located in IJmuiden and Rotterdam. In this position you have the possibility to work 40% of the week at the office, 40% working from home and 20% flexible.
For maintenance and troubleshooting of the Borssele III-IV and V wind turbines, the service provider uses a dedicated “Walk to Work” vessel will which will have crew changes in Ostend every two weeks. You will work in the office in Ostend, support the WTG asset manager and report to the Borssele operations manager. Your focus will be the daily operations to ensure maintenance is executed in a safe and efficient way, resulting in high availability of the windfarms. It includes reviewing of new alarms and malfunctions of the wind turbines. The first period will be onshore to familiarise with the WTG technology, project requirements and provide support during operations. In the future, you will visit the windfarm offshore. Other tasks during the daily operations, will be supporting the WTG team with improving the performance and costs of the operational wind turbines while maintaining an acceptable risk profile.
You are responsible for:
• Compliance with project Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements
• Track progress of annual service and maintenance within SAP
• Daily checking of new alarms and malfunctions of the wind turbines
• Downtime allocation for availability calculations
• Alarm analysis and eliminating structural problems by means of root cause analysis
• Ensure reliable day-ahead availability forecasting to the trade floor
• Review service reports and method statements/risk assessments/procedures
• Assist and support project management of major maintenance campaigns
• Assist with monthly reporting towards the asset owner
• Support with incident investigation
What do you bring?
You can quickly master your new environments and situations. You are pro-active, structured, and pay attention to detail. You can influence and lead others in a positive manner and contribute to a positive work environment. You are comfortable working offshore and at heights, coping with the respective challenges this brings.
• Relevant bachelor’s degree in engineering
• At least 2 years of experience working in an industrial environment
• Strong team player, collaborating and connecting people
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing English and Dutch
• Ability to take the initiative
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.