H&S Manager - HKZ
|Job reference nr.:||KE-132091|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||May 30, 2022|
Atlas Professionals is recruiting for one of the largest offshore windfarms in Europe which is being build by Vattenfall. Atlas has been requested by Vattenfall to recruit for a H&S Manager. Are you an experienced Healthy & Safety Manager who knows his/her way around H&S Management systems and in search of a new permanent role? Then we are both interested to get in touch with you and looking forward to hear from you!
Vattenfall is currently developing the largest offshore wind park in Europe - Hollandse Kust Zuid (HKZ) – which will be operated from their office in IJmuiden. For this wind park they are in search for the right person to join their team as H&S Manager. The purpose of the role is to set-up and further implement the Vattenfall Health & Safety management system within the HKZ O&M organization, ensuring Vattenfall meets its statutory obligations, industry or company requirements and Health & Safety ambitions to achieve world class safety.
This position is part of Business Unit Offshore within Business Area Wind, which is responsible for Vattenfall’s On- and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar, Hydrogen and Batteries.
As Health&Safety Manager within Offshore Wind you have the following key responsibilities:
- To set-up and further implement the Vattenfall Health & Safety management system within the HKZ O&M organization;
- Provide Health and Safety guidance, coaching and support towards the HKZ O&M organization and HKZ site;
- Ensure the Vattenfall Health and Safety Management System and culture program is implemented within HKZ O&M organization and HKZ site;
- Drive and report upon the Health and Safety Performance, including incident management, and maturity within the HKZ O&M organization and HKZ site;
- Act as the H&S stakeholder in contractor management processes (procurement, contractor performance evaluation, audits) related to the HKZ O&M organization and HKZ site;
- Drive H&S risk management within the O&M organization, support the development of Risk Assessments / Method Statements (RAMS) and monitor it’s compliance to Health and Safety;
- Ensure a smooth hand-over of the asset project to the O&M organization.
The location of this position is IJmuiden (NL). Regular business trips are required.
- You hold a recognized qualification in Health and Safety Management (i.e. NEBOSH Diploma, MoSHE or equivalent);
- You have at least 10 years relevant work experience in an international organization, with demonstrable leadership experience in the different national areas of operation and across all scopes of work, preferably within the marine construction related to offshore wind with a substantial period of which must be in a H&S position;
- Experience managing contractors as client and/or principal contractor;
- Extensive demonstrable experience of safety management systems (ISO 45001) and H&S auditing;
- Experience with the right coaching attitude to take Health and Safety leadership to the next level within the Asset Project.
- Full and detailed understanding of applicable Dutch and offshore H&S related legislation;
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written. Understanding of Dutch is an advantage;
- You are motivated and supportive of the Vattenfall vision to be Fossil free in a generation.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.