|Job reference nr.:||KE-134156|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||May 30, 2022|
At the moment we have a vacancy for the permanent position of Survey Engineer. Interested? And do you have the necessary experience?
The Survey Engineer has technical responsibility for the life cycle in the acquisition and management of hydrographic and geophysical survey operations within both projects and proposals.
You will support the Proposal and Project Installation Managers in developing appropriate survey scopes of work for subcontractor RFQ development, selection of contractor and onshore management of subcontracted survey scopes. Individual will QC/QA all subcontractor documents and deliverables as requested by the Installation Proposal Manager, support with the technical details for the Category Manager/ Procurement and take the lead in the preparation and execution of any hydrographic and geophysical survey work. The person will ensure the work preparation and execution are according to expectation while keeping strong focus on QHSE.
In short, the individual will head and manage all technical survey matters on behalf of the Project/Proposal Installation managers ensuring data benefits all engineering and project/proposals purposes.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide technical support to translate Client survey specifications into an appropriate survey philosophy which will provide information for project engineering and effective project execution.
- Provide technical support to translate tender documents into ‘standard’ and ‘non-standard’ contract requirements and estimate vessel size + vessel duration of the various project survey campaigns
- Setup ‘standard’ pricing scheme during tenders aligned to standard project flows.
- Provide technical support to write and query RFQ regarding survey works once Project Scope has been awarded
- Take the lead in working out further details with the survey contractor related to schedule, workflow and data flow, Survey management
- Specific support to UXO campaigns (equipment settings and interpretations) and cable tracker for Depth of Burial/ Depth of Cover
- Give support to any ongoing survey campaigns: responsibilities, daily reporting, QA/QC of data, calibration reports, defined tolerances, follow up with our clients reps and/or shore support from Survey Subcontractor/ UOE
- Onshore technical support and qualified technical survey decision making.
- You hold a degree in Hydrographic/Geophysical Survey or similar discipline
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in both the acquisition of hydrographic/geophysical survey (working offshore) and experience in Survey Project management.
- working in the North Sea as familiar with the different (national) requirements
- You enjoy being the person in the larger ‘web’ working with the different departments and vessel and keep track of the different priorities
- Attention to detail and structured approach
- Ability to keep deadlines even under pressure
- Highly proficient in English, both written and spoken
- Strong safety behavior with regards to offshore operations
- MS Office
- Navimodel/Navipac etc. or equivalent
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.