|Job reference nr.:||KK-091280|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||July 1, 2019|
Are you a Coating Engineer and looking for a new challenge? This might be interesting for you!
We are currently looking for a Coating Engineer with strong negotiation and contracting skills to join our clients' Coating Department at the Rotterdam Maasvlakte. The coating department is in expansion and it will comprise a team of QC inspectors, QC engineer and coating engineers. The Coating Engineer ensures that all coating activities are performed on time and within budget in accordance with project requirements.
In this role, you will report to the Senior Coating Engineer. As a coating engineer you will be responsible for:
- Identify and qualify coating products for application on windmill foundations to ensure coatings are prepared within the required quality and within schedule.
- Oversee all related documentation, client approval and third party verification, as required for the project
- Assess feasibility of coating methods with Coating Subcontractors in order to develop most productive and cost-effective coating products and methods.
- Supervise coating services, including but not limited to pre-qualification, performance, quality audits and technical presentations
- Provide technical input as required for tenders, project preparations and production
- Monitor daily progress of ongoing coating production at SIF’s facilities or at Subcontractors
- Manage coating subcontractors. This will also include administration of timesheets and invoices.
We are looking for someone who can get things done and communicates effectively. You will be proactive and have the confidence to negotiate with clients. You will have strong problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to detail. You will have a flexible attitude (no 9-5 mentality) and always try to prevent problems from happening in the first place, instead of having to solve them afterwards. In addition, to be eligible for the position of Coating Engineer, you must have:
- Preferable BSc/MSc degree in Materials or Chemical Engineering;
- Strong investigative and problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to detail
- an ability to think logically and methodically
- excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- the ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- a talent for planning and prioritizing activities
- strong negotiation and analytical skills
- the ability to present data effectively
- effective teamworking skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in the coating industry is considered an advantage
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, and AX system
- fluency in English (written and verbal)
- a VCA certificate (or be willing to obtain this).
- Coating certificate (e.g. NACE/Frosio III) or willing to obtain it
Should you be interested in the position of Coating Engineer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Kim Krol, Account Manager - Renewables in Amsterdam, Netherlands stating reference number KK-091280