Structural Design Specialist Offshore
|Job reference nr.:||KK-092164|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||July 1, 2019|
For our client we are looking for a Structural Design Specialist Offshore!
Our client is world market a leader in offshore wind power, and with their innovations they aim to make the difference for wind power projects throughout the world. They supply wind turbines and are an outstanding supplier of reliable, environmentally friendly and affordable renewable energy systems. In 90 countries worldwide they supply clean and renewable energy in the form of wind turbines with a total capacity of 85 GW, of which 50 GW under service, and a team of 25.000 employees. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshore wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting edge service solutions.
In their “primary structures” team they are looking for a structural design specialist. For their offshore projects, the team is responsible for designing project specific wind turbine towers and foundations, focusing on the primary (load carrying) structure. The team handles not only the structural design, but also the drawings, production specifications, assesses any production deviations and is involved in new technology development.
The team has a presence in Den Haag (NL), Hamburg (DE), Vejle (DK) and Bangalore (IN).
We invite you to join our team from one of the first three locations. Occasional (international) travel may be involved for project meetings.
What are the key responsibilities associated with the job?
• Execute detailed analysis of project specific support structures, covering structural shells, flange connections, door frame, and other structural details in accordance with e.g. Eurocode/DNVGL standards.
• Execution of detailed analytical calculations and FE analyses, both for commercial projects as well as new product / technology development projects.
• Regular alignment with stakeholders, including the external and internal clients such as: sales, project management, CAD design, supply chain and logistics.
• Deliver documentation for certification.
• You hold an MSc degree in mechanical or civil engineering or an equivalent field and bring at least 5 years of relevant experience.
• You are well versed in finite element analysis, preferably using ANSYS.
• It is considered an advantage when you have experience in the offshore (wind) industry and when you are familiar with relevant (offshore) design standards such as Eurocode, DNVGL, etc.
• It is considered a pro when you have experience with software tool development (preferably in object-oriented programming) and / or scripting of analysis routines (e.g. Matlab, Python and / or APDL).
• It is paramount that you are proficient in English, both in reading and writing.
• You thrive in an international environment; our projects bring together various employee groups, nationalities, cultures and authorities.
• We are looking for a person with good communication and presentation skills.
• In addition you are enthusiastic, decisive, self-starting, result-oriented, customer focused, resourceful and creative.
Should you be interested in the position of Structural Design Specialist Offshore, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Kim Krol, Account Manager - Renewables in Amsterdam, Netherlands stating reference number KK-092164