Tower Manufacturing Engineer - Offshore
|Job reference nr.:||KK-092182|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||July 1, 2019|
For our client we are looking for a manufacturing engineer Offshore Wind!
Our client is world market leader in offshore wind power, and with their innovations they aim to make the difference for wind power projects throughout the world. They supply wind turbines and is an outstanding supplier of reliable, environmentally friendly and affordable renewable energy systems. In 90 countries worldwide they supply clean and renewable energy in the form of wind turbines with a total capacity of 85 GW, of which 50 GW under service, and a team of 25.000 employees. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshore wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions.
In their “primary structures” team they are looking for a manufacturing engineer. For their offshore projects, the team is responsible for designing project specific wind turbine towers and foundations, focusing on the primary (load carrying) structure. The team handles not only the structural design, but also the drawings, production specifications, assesses any production deviations and is involved in new technology development. The team has a presence in Den Haag (NL), Hamburg (DE), Vejle (DK) and Bangalore (IN). They invite you to join our team from one of the first three locations. Occasional (international) travel may be involved for projects.
- Define project specific manufacturing specifications; including weld quality, paint specification, testing requirements etc.
- Perform detailed quality assessment of our suppliers.
- Align with technical project manager and tower designer and Quality Assurance engineer on project specific requirements.
- Deliver tower certification package and accommodate project specific certification process.
- Find solutions for non-conformities that occur during production.
- You hold an MSc degree in mechanical or materials engineering or an equivalent field. You have at least 3 years proven experience working as a manufacturing engineer.
- It is considered an advantage when you have experience in the offshore (wind) industry and when you are familiar with relevant standards (EN1090, EN10255).
- It is considered a pro when you are a qualified welding engineer (IWE/EWE specialist), or when you are FROSIO certified, or when you have non-destructive testing (NDT) qualifications.
- You must have an intimate knowledge of how material specifications affect the design and production process.
- It is paramount that you are proficient in English, both in reading and writing.
- You thrive in an international environment; our projects bring together various employee groups, nationalities, cultures and authorities.
- We are looking for a person with good communication and presentation skills.
- In addition you are enthusiastic, decisive, self-starting, result-oriented, customer focused, resourceful and creative.
Should you be interested in the position of Tower Manufacturing Engineer - Offshore, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Kim Krol, Account Manager - Renewables in Amsterdam, Netherlands stating reference number KK-092182