Communications System Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||MV-090918|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||June 3, 2019|
Atlas Professionals is specialised in Offshore Wind. At the moment we have an opening for the permanent position of Communications System Engineer to work in the Netherlands. Interested in this permanent position? Let us know.
For the role of Communications System Engineer, Atlas Professionals is looking for someone who is an expert on (IT) systems on board a Vessel.
You'll provide technical support, implementation, maintenance and project work associated with;
- Radio (VHF/UHF/Microwave)
- Vessel information technology
- Communications and systems in general
- Provide on-site and remote systems support to the onshore and offshore fleet (International travel is required).
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Maintenance, installation and projects work related to vessels communication and IT equipment including:
- Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSAT)(KVH)(Cobham)
- Onboard KVH media server
- Onboard Captive Portal servers
- Vessel IT
- Computers: Windows 7/10, MS Office, PC hardware/software
- Networking: Switches, Wireless Access Points and VoIP
- Windows Servers 2008/2016
- As required, assist with the troubleshooting and support of the following systems:
- GMDSS SAT C equipment
- Dynamic Positioning Equipment
- Global Positioning Equipment (DGPS)
- Repair, maintenance and installation of vessel computers and related software.
- ECDIS install and configuration.
- Maintain software updates and configuration of vessel files on timely basis.
- Continuous monitoring of communication equipment and IT systems to reduce down-time.
- Cost control of vessel communication and IT systems.
- Work closely with the IT in the development and implementation of vessels standards.
- Extensive experience maintaining industrial communication systems preferably in a Marine environment.
- Degree in Electronics or IT or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and experience with IP based networks and associated hardware
- Knowledge and experience with Windows OS, PC hardware and software, and MS Office
- Experience working with third party vendors
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills in English both verbal and written
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Degree in Computing / Electronics or related field
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience of working in the offshore sector will be considered.
- Offshore Medical and Survival Certificates
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Experience managing and selecting third party vendors
Should you be interested in the position of Communications System Engineer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Marvin van Dijk, Team Lead Operations - Renewables in Hoofddorp, Netherlands stating reference number MV-090918