Electrical Engineer Subsea Cable
|Job reference nr.:||MV-094738|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||September 1, 2019|
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer Subsea Cable in Belgium for the wind industry.
As Cable Supply Manager, you are responsible for all aspects of cable supply: design, procurement, manufacturing, testing and termination works, for projects both in tender & in execution phase. You will be working in a fast growing industry and can expect a challenging context.
Your key tasks will be to
- provide expertise for the offshore cables department in tender & early development phase;
- ensure that technical requirements are interpreted appropriately and communicated internally;
- coordinate and lead project based engineering analysis, calculations, termination design, electrical cable design;
- supervise the manufacturing and factory testing of cables & accessories (quality assurance);
- manage and/or supervise the onshore & offshore termination and testing scope on site;
- ensure that the cable supply, jointing and testing & termination package is on time, of the correct quality and within scope and budget;
- monitor and report on project progress, manage risks and resolve issues as well as coordinating with contractors and construction teams to meet project deadlines
- manage changes in scope, schedule and costs and negotiate with internal stakeholders and contractors on how to progress.
In addition, you will manage interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in electrical engineering or similar by experience. Your work is accurate and methodical, still creativity and passion matter just as much.
- You have some years of experience with (preferably subsea) cables and/or umbilicals & accessories. You are a dynamic profile that has experience with working in a vibrant offshore project environment.
- You are a good communicator and speak & write English fluently.
- You have an international mindset.
- Work place to be determined: Aalst and/or Luxemburg
Should you be interested in the position of Project Engineer Offshore, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Marvin van Dijk, Team Lead Operations - Renewables in Hoofddorp, Netherlands stating reference number MV-094738