Lead Engineer Platforms
|Job reference nr.:||MV-099054|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||November 4, 2019|
We are looking for a Lead Engineer Platform. The role is a temp to perm role mainly located and based in the Netherlands.
As Lead Engineer Platform you are part of the core team responsible for the realization of the Offshore Stations (platforms).
In this role you work closely together with the Project Lead. You will be involved in design reviews and your scope is to manage and monitor the certification of the design which is done by the main contractor. You collect lessons learned and actively hand them over to subsequent offshore projects.
You are a member of the core team of the project, you lead the platform engineering team and work closely together with the other (sub)project leads in the team in order to realize the entire system integration on time. As Lead Engineer Platform you are reporting to the Project Lead Platform (located in the department Offshore NL).
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- You ensure the correct implementation of the Employer requirements into the design made by Contractor
- You organize workshops with the Contractor in case of technical issues or when in case of design reviews
- You ensure the on-time review of (engineering) documentation received from the Contractor. You assign the lead reviewer and other reviewers to the documentation and make sure they do a correct and timely review of the documentation
- You manage the engineering team and make sure that SHE is well taken on board by the team.
- You ensure the management of the interfaces with other contracts (free issued items, cable) and OWF (Offshore Wind Farm) in close cooperation with the other project leads in the team.
- You ensure compliance with requirements and goals set for SHE, time, cost, risk and quality within your scope.
- You ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- You align with relevant authorities . You make sure they review the required documentation and you make sure design reviews are organized with them.
- You standardize of project management approach and optimization of synergies between projects
- You align with the experts and teams within Offshore NL/GER and various other departments and ensure taking into account lessons learned from other large projects.
- You monitor and evaluate phase to phase progress focusing on documenting and communicating about 'lessons learned' so future projects can benefit
- You contribute actively to a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and contractors.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Marine / Civil / Mechanical Engineering or a comparable discipline
- Proven track record and extensive knowledge and experience (10 years +) in offshore projects and preferably in managing project teams with experts
- Experience in managing contracts
- Proven ability to grasp new concepts quickly and to become acquainted with a range of topics
- Excellent communication skills and are able to organize and schedule activities well.
- You show initiative, you are persuasive, sensitive, aware of your stakeholders and capable of balanced judgment
- You are dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated, you take your responsibility and ownership (committed);
- You are able to functionally manage and give direction to a sub-team of professionals and you are a team player yourself
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to travel (this might be international)
Should you be interested in the position of Lead Engineer Platforms, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Marvin van Dijk in Hoofddorp, Netherlands stating reference number MV-099054