Technical Superintendent - Port Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||MV-104531|
|Job category:||Offshore Marine, Renewables|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||July 6, 2020|
Looking for a new challenge in your career? For our client we are looking for a Technical Superintendent - Port Engineer, based in Ijmuiden - the Netherlands
Our client owns and operates a growing fleet of offshore marine support vessels, mainly in the European offshore wind industry. These vessels are used to transfer personnel safe and in a comfortable environment to their offshore destination. Focus on safety has the highest priority in the operation. You can find this view throughout the whole organization.
Now they are looking for a Technical Superintendent - Port Engineer who has the same purpose and view.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Statutory certification of the vessels
- The planning and organization of maintenance, remedial, and modification work on individual ships in accordance with the Technical Manager’s instructions
- The routine procurement of technical stores
- The rectification of defects on all ships
- Assist ships staff by providing technical assistance to resolve defects in DP systems
- Monitoring of work by contractors
- The maintenance of all technical records and plans
- The coordination and follow up of surveys, inspections, repairs and certificates
- The provision of reports on activities and time requirements for maintenance or repair tasks to the Technical Manager
- Monitoring routine maintenance, repairs, and dry-docking, and ensuring the safe/ working condition of hull, onboard equipment, and machinery.
- The safety and welfare of both sea staff and shore staff
- Assist ships staff be providing technical assistance to resolve defects in the DP systems
- The periodic management inspection of vessels at appropriate intervals
- Active participation in area emergency response team
- Preparation and control of Repair and Maintenance budgets for vessels
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience of working in the offshore sector
- Technical bachelors degree is required
- Able and willing to travel on occasional base
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands
- For this role it's necessary to live within an hour of Ijmuiden - the Netherlands
- Desirable a Chief Engineer / 2nd Engineer Unlimited Certificate of Competency
Should you be interested in the position of Technical Superintendent - Port Engineer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Marvin van Dijk, in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.