Sr. Project Manager
|Job reference nr.:||SD-117761|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||October 4, 2021|
Atlas Professionals has a new exiting role available for an exiting wind turbine manufacturer in the Netherlands. They are looking for a Sr. Project Manager within one of their Project Management teams. The core competence of the company is the manufacturing of onshore wind energy plants. With over 28 GW installed capacity worldwide, their turbines supply sustainable energy to more than 80% of the global energy market and they are one of the largest companies in the wind industry.
Are you fascinated and passionate about renewable energy, are you a true team player and looking for company values such as integrity, respect and room for personal attention and responsibility? Then this is your chance!
In this Sr. PM role you will disciplinary lead the local Project Management Team consisting of different Project Management functions but also act as a Senior Project Manager in the Netherlands.
Your main responsibility is to manage and control the projects assigned to you and to your team in terms of time, cost and quality from handover by Sales up until handover to the client and the Service organisation.
- Support the Sales organization in the final stages of tender processes and facilitate a smooth handover from Sales to Project Management
- Responsible for executing projects on time, within budget and with good quality
- Manage and monitor all aspects of environment, health and safety in your assigned projects
- Be the first contact for all parties involved in the project such as clients, subcontractors, suppliers and any other internal or external parties
- Represent the company to all clients – create good relationships with them and deliver customer satisfaction
- Manage personnel and provide strong control of subcontractors and key suppliers including but not limited to erection and transportation companies throughout the project execution phase
- Secure correct project handling and create and manage successful cross departmental, multicultural teams
- Define and initiate appropriate corrective actions for problems encountered during the execution of projects (related to cost, time and/or quality)
- Create necessary transparency with regards to optimization of cost-effectiveness in cooperation with Commercial Project Management.
- Manage and report progress on projects with monthly status reports
- Manage and report KPIs
- Facilitate a smooth handover to the colleagues in Service as well as to the client
- Minimum 10 years of experience as Project Manager in operative project execution and construction management for complex technical projects either in the civil construction, manufacturing and/or plant engineering industry. Experience in the wind energy sector or in general in the energy sector is considered an advantage
- Experience in project management with full responsibility for multi-million EUR contracts
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Technical background with a Master’s degree in engineering or similar discipline
- HSE awareness that shows in your daily approach to your role
- Native or excellent Dutch language skills and knowledge of local laws and regulations are required
- Excellent English language skills that allow you to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Good command of German is a benefit
- Excellent computer skills are required, especially MS Office and MS Project
- Leadership skills and good team forming skills and the ability to create a strong, successful and enjoyable team spirit
- Negotiation and communication skills that allow you to handle any kind of discussions effectively and professionally
- Very good organizational skills and the ability to manage many topics running concurrently
- High level of commitment and the dedication to deliver high quality
- Ability to work with different business cultures
The role requires frequent traveling mainly in Netherlands but also to Germany and potentially other locations within the Central Europe Region. In this role you will be reporting directly to the Country Manager Netherlands and functionally to the Director Project Management Central Europe.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.