Marine Project Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||SD-119135|
|Job category:||Offshore Marine, Renewables|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||October 4, 2021|
Atlas Professionals is specialised in Renewables. At the moment we have an opening for the permanent position of Marine Project Engineer to work in Netherlands. Are you a person with a technical background that likes to be part of a team that translates the contract requirements into engineering delivery plan for the installation of offshore HV Cables, and are you keen to be part of the world’s renewable energy transformation? Do you want to work with large scale offshore projects with a global customer base and exposure in the renewable, oil & gas and the interconnector industry? Then we might have the right job for you!
Interested in this permanent position? Let us know.
The Marine Project Engineer will analyse and interrogate all project engineering requirements provided by the Client or third party, and create or support the making of all deliverables as required for the tender or project. For this, you have a solid technical knowledge related to cable installation such as bathymetric survey, subsea cable installation and seabed intervention technologies & tools. You will work closely together with the Vessel Engineer who will support all Cable Laying Vessel (CLV)-related engineering.
You will be a part of a highly skilled team, based in the centre of Rotterdam. The client's offshore installation engineering department is highly versatile and regardless of the competences you hold at the moment you will be given the opportunity to broaden your offshore engineering competence.
Your primary tasks will be:
- Translate the tender or project requirements into engineering planning and ensure all work preparations are according to the requirements
- Write and review procedures and/or RFQ for the various seabed interventions as part of the offshore cable installation:
- Different types of survey scope of works
- Route clearance e.g. PLGR (Pre-Lay Grapnel Run), Boulder clearance, UXO anomalies
- Dredging (e.g. sand waves or areas where the slope angle exceeds the maximum slope angle for trenching equipment)
- Crossing procedure with existing cables and pipelines e.g. rock berm design and stability (Geo Engineer or 3rd party) or placement of concrete mattresses
- Rock dumping as protective layer for the cable, pre-lay or post-lay
- Nearshore works such as transition between offshore HDD pop-out and trenching, sandbanks, etc.
- Provide technical support and data to and review of documentation from subcontractors
- Review and summarize the route engineering considering the seabed features and objects
- Review and summarize any Seabed Intervention as required along the cable route
- Ensure that the engineering works follow the required QSHE engineering standards
- Responsible for the as-built data management of offshore operations
- Support in any further developments of the team
To succeed in this role, you have a high technical interest and competence. Their team is built on collaboration and strong team spirit so a success factor in this role is definitely being a team player and open-minded sharing solutions, competences and experiences.
You are a self-starter, and motivated to take on several of various tasks ongoing. Besides this you have a strong analytical profile thriving well in the engineering environment.
Additionally, your CV comprises:
- You hold a MSc degree in Marine Engineering, Offshore or Naval Engineering, or similar
- Preferably 5+ years’ experience in the offshore industry. Previous experience within the offshore seabed intervention industry is beneficial
- You have a good understanding of the challenges and associated risks involved with offshore operations
- Survey software such as ArcGIS Pro, Navimodel, AutoChart, ACAD Civil 3D is a plus
- Highly proficient in English, both written and spoken
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.