Assistant Terminal Manager
|Job reference nr.:||CM-086508|
|Discipline Category:||Production & Maintenance|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||February 25, 2019|
|Job location:||United States|
Atlas Professionals is specialised in Production & Maintenance. At the moment we have an opening for the permanent position of Assistant Terminal Manager to work in United States. Interested in this permanent position? Let us know.
Our client is a world-class midstream asset operator buying and building terminals in North America,
Europe and Latin America. Our client currently store crude oil, fuel oil, asphalt refined products, petrochemicals and vegetable oils at our 24 terminals.
Our is looking for an assistant terminal manager for our Brooklyn, NY Terminal. The responsibilities include:
• Assists the Terminal Manager with the day-to-day operational management of the terminal which includes all aspects of operations: full shift work, day shift operators, and if necessary, attend to emergency response situations.
• Assuring the safety of workforce and safekeeping of customer product.
• Setup and direct operators for the effective, efficient operations of the terminal with optimum manpower and cost.
• Formulates recommendations and advises the Terminal Manager on personnel and non-personnel matters such as:
o Scheduling workloads and vacation time for operators
o Approving timesheets
o Administer performance evaluations to your staff and set goals as applicable
o Budgets with a view to maintaining and improving the availability and efficiency of the terminal
o Managing and developing employees through defined performance management program; i.e., reward & recognition, corrective actions as required.
o Development of supervisors and other professionals; includes: training, coaching, and mentoring.
o Monitoring /Reviewing OT to ensure compliance operational requirement and the budget.
• Coordinating with EHS to implement and monitor safety policies, implementation of safety programs, and drills.
• Developing, implementing, and assuring compliance with company policies and procedure and governmental regulations. Work with and attend regulatory agency meetings , visits and or inspections .
• Managing the department’s operating expenses efficiently and responsibly.
• Ensure organization is operating in compliance of union/commercial contracts.
• Maintaining communications with customers concerning their operational needs and inquiries. Communicate with customers on monthly reporting needs, and bill of lading.
• Assisting the commercial team in managing customer relationships including new business, contract renewals, expansion of current business, and business review management.
• Help to manage KPI’s.
• Development and oversight of the facilities training
Minimum experience, skills, knowledge, certifications, licenses, competencies, working conditions:
• Experience managing within the Oil and Gas/Energy Industry.
• Must be able to attend TWIC and several FDNYC Certificates of Fitness, including P13 Supervision of Bulk Oil Storage Facility.
• Operational experience including two years of supervisory or management experience.
• Experience directing a union workforce with varying skills and roles.
• Leadership and personnel management skills.
• Superior work ethic and dependability.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
• Ability to prioritize and manage a diverse number of operational activities and projects.
• Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions will be required to work outside at times.
• Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and high level of performance
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from Terminal Manager or management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules, as well as, take on additional job responsibilities as needed.
• The ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
• Must be proficient in computer software applications including Top Tech (Terminal Automation Systems), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and be able to manipulate large spreadsheets and databases.
• Required to carry a company-provided cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
• Facility Security Officer Training or Marine Security Awareness Training a plus.
• Hazwoper training 24 or 40 hour. USCG National interagency Incident management system (NIIMS) Incident command system training 1-200 and 1-300. modules 2-11 and 13. Hazmat employee training (in-depth security training) 33 CFR 105.205 and 49 CFR 172.704 a plus.
Should you be interested in the position of Assistant Terminal Manager, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Cammie McKelvin, Account Manager in Houston, USA stating reference number CM-086508