|Job reference nr.:||JP-093071|
|Discipline Category:||Engineering & Project Controls|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||September 1, 2019|
|Job location:||United Kingdom|
Our client is looking for a Buyer. The job is based in Aberdeen, United Kingdom. Do you have the necessary skills? Contact our Drilling & Well Services team.
- Provide an efficient cost-effective service to provide materials and supplies.
- Ensure all purchase requisitions for materials, supplies and services are converted to a purchase order or agreement as appropriate.
- Follow up promptly clarifications and requests for information from suppliers or the rig
- Make purchasing decisions based on benchmark prices and comparisons with costs, logistic and country import restriction
- Responsible to perform expediting for overdue orders
- Monitor & Tracking of Repair & Return (R&R) items and ensure appropriate action is taken
- Assist account payable with invoice discrepancies and ensure suppliers invoices are processed for payment in timely manner
- Review of SCM KPIs and prompt action to be taken to remedy areas that are not performing
- Monitor vendor delivery performance and document any delays, quality non-conformance, quantity discrepancies and pricing issues.
- Develop knowledge on new laws and regulations, market developments and new products relevant to company operations.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of import license requirements applicable to countries in which company operates.
- Provide procurement process and procedure guidance to Company departments.
- Follow and adhere to company purchasing policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with end users to explore opportunities for improvement in the purchasing process and compliance with company Purchasing Policy.
- Ensure sourcing and supply of all materials follows the company Purchasing Policy.
- Ensure the import of materials complies with applicable import customs regulations.
- Prepare reports in support of purchasing activities.
- Support vendor performance issues to Supply Chain Manager to establish vendor performance records and support vendor evaluation process.
- Correspond with the field on all purchasing issues to ensure effective communication
- Identify and notify Supply Chain Manager of potential suppliers to be included in approved vendor list
- Technical academic background (Supply Chain Management, Finance or Engineering degree)
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in procurement / logistics within the oil and gas industry.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) with the ability to work with internal onshore teams and offshore personnel.
- Working knowledge with procurement related systems.
- Excellent analytical skill, cost conscious, disciplined and organized.
Should you be interested in the position of Buyer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Jacelyn Palacio, Account Manager in Dubai, United Arab Emirates stating reference number JP-093071