|Job reference nr.:||JP-099635|
|Job category:||Engineering & Project Controls|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||January 6, 2020|
At the moment we have a vacancy for Buyer (perm position). Interested? And do you have the necessary experience?
Our client owns and operates a growing fleet of offshore marine support vessels, mainly in the European offshore wind industry. These vessels are used to transfer personnel safe and in a comfortable environment to their offshore destination. Focus on safety has the highest priority in the operation. You can find this view throughout the whole organization.
Now they are looking for a Buyer who has the same purpose and view.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Use Oracle 12i Purchasing and Inventory modules in line with user guide procedures.
- Ensure goods and services ordered are procured at competitive prices and are fit for the purpose intended with regard to safety, function, and certification.
- Ensure that the global /regional contracts are used whenever possible.
- Sourcing suppliers.
- Obtaining quotations for goods and services as required.
- Summarizing and analyzing quotations.
- Create purchase orders on Oracle. Conveying PO’s to suppliers, freight agent, vessel and shore bases.
- Enter PO data onto Onedrive Shipment status report.
- Expedite Purchase orders and keeping customers advised of delivery issues.
- Enter receipts onto Oracle.
- Liaise with engineering superintendents and other customers.
- Be assertive and tactful with suppliers and customers.
- Liaise with suppliers, customers and accounts payable to ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Filing documentation e.g. Requisitions, Quotations, Order acknowledgements and Delivery notes to ensure that a clear audit trail exists. Maintain PO database to ensure PO’s are receipted and closed on a timely basis.
- Produce shipping documents e.g. Packing lists, Commercial invoices, Manifests as required.
- To provide support and cover when Purchasing colleagues are absent.
- To carry out other duties as may be reasonably required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office Outlook, Word, Excel and Onedrive.
- Previous experience with an integrated Purchasing and inventory system would be beneficial e.g. Oracle 12i
- Experience in Marine or Oil and Gas business sectors preferred.
- Motivated individual that is able to work as part of a team or individually with minimum supervision if required.
- Good communications skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of nationalities.
- Reliable and organised
- Good timekeeping
- Fluent English
Should you be interested in the position of Buyer, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Marvin van Dijk in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands stating reference number JP-099635