|Job reference nr.:||FS-127252|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||April 1, 2022|
|Job duration:||> 1 year|
Atlas Professionals is specialized in Renewables. At the moment we have an opening for the temporary position of Commissioning Manager to work in the Netherlands. Interested in this wonderful position and you got the experience? Let us know.
Our client is working on the project HKN in the Dutch North Sea. The Project has two major contracts for Wind Turbines and Balance of Plant (foundations and cables). The point of connection (PoC) with TenneT is the 66kV IAC terminations at the Offshore substation. The offshore substation, export cables and the land station are under Transmission Service Operator responsibility. The wind farm commissioning is expected to start in April 2023. The target COD date end of the wind farm is Sept 2023. During this role, the Commissioning Manager will also support the innovation package team regarding the Commissioning readiness of the innovation package. This role reports to the Project Director and will be a secondment position into the company (legal entity) based in Rotterdam. This role may require international business travel to contractor offices and manufacturing locations.
Purpose and Accountabilities:
The Commissioning Manager will support the Project Director and Construction Manager for the safe delivery of the offshore wind park. Commissioning Manager is accountable for delivering the “safety from the system”. The Commissioning Manager will outline the overall commissioning strategy for the Offshore Wind Farm, including the WTGs, foundations, Inter Array Cables, Scada system, Balance of Plant systems and the grid compliance testing.
The Commissioning Manager will be a member of a multidiscipline project team (mix of staff, consultants, contractors, external stakeholders) and will be responsible to align and communicate directly (or via suitable delegation within the commissioning team) about the commissioning interfaces.
- Managing all aspects of Electrical safety and relevant General safety with respect to the internal and external HSSE commitments, during Commissioning and partial operations phase.
- Communicate regularly with the Project Director and the board about the Commissioning progress and emerging risks.
- Management of the Commissioning team and associated resources
- Administration and Guidance on the Off-Shore Electrical and Mechanical Safety Rules
- Prepare and deliver the Commissioning strategy, including HV and LV Commissioning, Energization and handover to Operations
- Provide strategic direction to the Project Team and ensure that commissioning deliverables across the entire project are provided in accordance with requirements.
- Provide guidance and consultation on the TSA, BoP and other contract deliverables where related to quality and interfaces associated with the execution of the works ready for both COLD and HOT commissioning, leading to the equipment take over.
- Responsible for managing commissioning schedule and budget, with support from the Project Services team.
- Provide Commissioning guidance to the Innovation package
- Register the key Lessons Learnt during the Commissioning stage.
- Coordinate incident investigations, if and when required, including internal and external reporting
- Review and approval of all key commissioning documents, through a process of managing a Commissioning Master Document register.
- Controlling the ’Safety from the System‘ and ‘Electrical Safety Rules’ procedures in respect to all electrical activities associated with the project.
- Review, approval and delivery of the Commissioning plans for various electrical systems (WTGs, IAC, Scada, communication network, BOP) and grid compliance testing.
- Managing the operation of all high-voltage systems, including the interfaces between each package
- Ensuring coordination between onshore and offshore activities, including liaison between the project, site and TSO with respect to safety, testing, commissioning and energization/operations.
- Overseeing (sometimes via suitable delegation) all electrical activities for the purpose of safety, technical review, contractual compliance and operation/logistical duties.
- Providing guidance and ensuring compliance with the Dutch legislation and regulation with respect to electrical activities, including acting on behalf of CrossWind, where requested, as nominated adviser to trade and regulatory bodies.
- Commissioning interface and Quality Management within each Project Package
- Support the Project Management in the Safe and timely execution of the Package Deliverables, identifying risk and non-compliance elements.
- Preparation and maintenance of the Commissioning Schedule (interface with Project services)
- Preparation of the equipment release Register via the Safety Rules Clearance Certificate (SRCC) procedure
- Managing and overseeing the safety, coordination and activities of the authorized and competent persons.
- Manage the set-up and Management of Wind Park Control Room, during Construction, Commissioning and interim Operations
- Agreeing and Authorising the release of electrical equipment for High Voltage testing.
- Prepare the EON/ION/FON statements towards the TSO
- Provide inputs to the wind farm’s statement of fitness, before first energization.
- Agreeing and Authorising the release of electrical equipment into service.
- Participation in HAZOP and HAZID studies for all Wind Park regarded equipment, where relevant.
- Overseeing all electrical activities for the purpose of safety, technical review, contractual compliance and operation/logistical duties.
- To provide Guidance and Direct Management in regard to Safety from the System of the TSO, WTG, Foundations and SCADA interfaces.
- Support the Engineering Manager to ensure and manage compliance with the permit, certification requirements and applicable codes and standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to HSSE
- Technical competence in development of offshore wind projects
- Commissioning experience in the offshore (wind) industry
- Strong communicator both in team and externally
- Flexible attitude during unplanned circumstances, while maintaining high focus on HSSE
- Ability to go offshore (GWO training)
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.