|Job reference nr.:||TS-112949|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||December 6, 2020|
|Job location:||United Kingdom|
Looking for a temporary job as Engineer in United Kingdom? Atlas Professionals in Bristol, United Kingdom is always looking for new Renewables professionals. At the moment we have a vacancy for the position of Control Engineer.
400kV Control Engineer (CE) and responsibilities
- Planning of all switching activities on sites, both offshore and onshore activities
- Monitoring and reporting in the SCADA-system
- Managing and controlling a complete log of all activities on site including all switching activities
- Controlling the safety documents for the Electrical Safety Rules on site
- Controlling and managing all HV- and LV-electrical operations on site
- Define safety procedures for electrical matters
- Advise operationally on high voltage electrical installations to WTG, offshore substations and both HV-submarine and onshore-cables.
- Oversee safe commissioning of grid connections, onshore substations and associated MV/HV/LV plant and equipment
- Oversee all MV/HV/LV electrical operational activities to ensure safety, security and integrity of the HV network
- Following the Code Compliance in the relevant Country
- QA on the different ISO requirements in the project
- Reviewing the high voltage scope of work
- Develop reference documentations and processes
- Knowledge and experience with country specific standards
- Knowledge of 50Hz and 60Hz standards for the electrical equipments
Tasks for the Control Engineer
- Ensure compliancy with and managing of Electrical Safety Rules
- Participation in safety coordination around electrical operations
- Coordinate with the Lead Commissioning Project Manager to ensure that accurate updates are distributed to the Project Management
- Manage and coordinate HV/MV/LV commissioning activities
- Coordinate with National Grid and attend commissioning panel meetings
- Outage management and network control
- Prepare and check high voltage switching schedules
- Check method statements for electrical matters
- Implement and provide training programmes for relevant staff according to the rules
- Provide technical and engineering advice to working parties for electrical matters
- Assist different departments within our clients organisation when required
- Coordinate MV/HV/LV commissioning activities through the project construction stages
- Participation in On Calls and Out Calls regarding all activities on the electrical equipment on the site
- Planning and responsible for outages on the site both offshore and offshore activities
- Support commissioning and start-up activities for any components and systems
- Managing all electrical operations on site via the Control Log
- Control all high voltage switching activities both offshore and onshore
- Monitoring and acceptance of all LV Switching activities on site
- In charge of all switching programs
- Planning of outages of the windfarm together with the Project Commissioning Team
- Implementation of our clients Electrical Safety Rules on site, including the safe system of work.
- Always keep and provide safety from the systems
- Complete overview of all electrical operations on site
- Control of resources and work activities
- Perform communication of complex technical and commercial issues
The Consultant must bring his/her own PC with Microsoft Office software and must be in possession of an i-Phone 6 or a newer model, or a Windows phone 8.1 where our clients AirWatch app can be downloaded. The app is mandatory on all mobile devices used by our clients staff (including consultants) to protect them from cybercrime.
- Several years of operation and commissioning experience within the field of high voltage electricity, offshore experience preferable
- Appropriate electrical qualification and background related to the authorization scope.
- Relevant Ørsted authorisation certificate under our clients electrical safety rules preferable
- Full GWOs inc. HUET and CA-EBS, OGUK medical & Chester Step
- Approved Medical attest and Chester step
- Flexible hours depending on daily tasks.
- Standard PPE, Boots and tools.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.