|Job reference nr.:||FR-115463|
|Job category:||Atlas Staff Position|
The Corporate Controller role is situated in our Hooffddorp office within an international finance team that aspires to reshape the processes and activities to continuously improve and identify the most efficient ways of working. This role is crucial to collaborate with the entire finance team to get the numbers right, and make the reporting to all stakeholders relevant, timely, accurate and complete.
To achieve this, the finance team are globally harmonizing all local ways of working, into a centralized and harmonized approach. You will have to connect with the tax, insurance and payroll team to cooperate with other controllers to achieve alignment and control on the cross departmental activities.
The experienced Corporate Controller is accountable for three major areas:
- Essential parts of the Planning & Control Cycle including:
- Execution of the monthly group consolidation process;
- Completion of the reporting to our parent HAL Investments (consolidated statements, tax packages, etc);
- Co-operation with Group Controller and others to complete the management reporting;
- Co-ordinate deployment of new or existing IFRS standards.
External (tax) compliance reporting to a.o. (a) the Dutch Tax Authorities (CIT / wage tax / social security premiums / etc) and (b) Dutch National Statistics Bureau (CBS) reporting;
- Preparing work papers to lead external tax consultant, preparing tax provisions, transfer pricing bookings, tax reporting, and annual compliance tax filings (together with the Tax specialist).
Budgeting, Forecasting and Planning: Supporting the budgeting process
- Monitoring, review and controls around Banking and Treasury activities, mainly related to:
- Multicurrency funding intercompany business funding including management of a global cash pool;
- The international payment activities for supplier and staff and professionals on our payroll;
- Establishing, implementing, and monitoring appropriate internal controls and policies.
Next to these topics the Corporate Controller is (co-) responsible for:
- Further development of our financial ERP system: Workday;
- Stabilization of our group financial accounting to ensure consistency in reporting;
- Document delivery to our external auditors for group and statutory reporting in The Netherlands;
- Drafting IFRS position papers for accounting & auditing topics.
As the Corporate Controller you will work on a broad range of activities and the competencies needed to be successful in this role are:
- Be able to make rational decisions and remain calm under time pressure
- Knows when to escalate challenges and to whom
- Concise, detail oriented, results driven
- Takes ownership and accountability
- Harness the opportunity for change for the better
Essential skills and experience
- Bachelor or Academic degree in relevant subject (Accounting or Business Economics) preferably RA, RC or equivalent
- Between 5-10 years of relevant experience in a comparable role
- Fluent in English and Dutch both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent Excel skills
- Knowledge in how to consolidation, reporting and accounting particularly for a larger multinational group
- Familiar with Tax accounting
- Know the IFRS
- An affinity with automation and business process improvements
- Is capable to work in a virtual team and work with all modern communication methods
- Has good communication and analytical skills
- Ideally big four experience followed by (sophisticated) international corporation
- Experience with Workday Financials or other ERP systems
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.