Coxswain - GERMAN SPEAKING
|Job reference nr.:||LC-096584|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||September 4, 2019|
|Job duration:||> 1 year|
|Schedule:||4 Weeks On / 4 Weeks Off|
Atlas Professionals are looking for a German-speaking Coxswain for long term employment in Germany? Our Renewables Team in Bristol, United Kingdom are always looking for new Offshore Marine professionals. Take a look at this exciting opportunity and apply online if you think you are the right candidate for the vacancy.
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Daughter Craft including HSE management, crew management, navigation, ensuring compliance with company procedures/policies, legislation, class and coding convention at all times.
Act as Daughter Craft Coxswain on assigned vessel (category 2 – UK workboat Code – 60 miles from Safe Haven).
The Daughter Craft Coxswain shall also undertake passenger/client processing activities and participate in general vessel operations and maintenance, as required by the Chief Officer.
Responsible for the planned maintenance of the Daughter Craft.
Acting as instructed by the Chief Engineer or Chief Officer when not involved in Daughter Craft activities, assisting with deck operations.
Undertake emergency response duties as required.
Main Duties (not an exhaustive list)
All employees should make themselves aware of and understand their responsibilities as detailed within the integrated management system.
They should also strive to become fully familiar with the vessel’s structure and layout; safety arrangements and requirements; and instructions and facilities.
Ensure that all safety and environmental protection requirements are met during all operations, in accordance with international, national and local legislation, Company requirements, and industry guidance and best-practice.
Has the overriding authority and the responsibility to make decisions with respect to safety and pollution prevention for the Daughter Craft and to request the Company's assistance as may be necessary.
Promote best practice in safety performance and facilitate and encourage continual improvement.
Ultimately responsible for the safety of the daughter craft and the safety, health and welfare of all on board, and liaise with davit operator and launch party to ensure safe launch and recovery.
Supervise and continually develop the competence of personnel working in boats under their supervision (including lifeboats and FRCs, if qualified to take charge of such).
- GERMAN SPEAKER
- STCW REG A-II/3 (Master on ship <500 GT engaged on near-coastal voyages) Certificate of Competency.
- Valid ENG1 (medical fitness certificate) or accepted equivalent
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code – Table A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code - Table A-VI/1-4)
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties- (STCW A VI/6.6-8)
- Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting (STCW A6/3)
- Proficiency in survival craft and rescue boat (other than fast rescue boat) (PSC & RB)- (STCW A-VI/2)
- Proficiency Medical first aid - (STCW A-VI/4-1)
- Proficiency in Medical Care (STCW Code – Table A-VI/4-2)
- GMDSS (IV/2)
- At least one years’ experience as Coxswain, or suitable experience within the company
- German Language – CEFR standard Level A2 for Conversational & Written
- OPITO HUET
- Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats (PFRB) - (STCW A VI-2-2)
Should you be interested in the position of Coxswain, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Josh Goff, Personnel Coordinator•Renewables in Bristol, United Kingdom.