Dredge Master Articulated Tug Barge (ATB) with extensive ASD experience
|Job reference nr.:||MW-101811|
|Job category:||Dredging, Offshore Marine|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||March 1, 2020|
|Schedule:||2 Weeks On / 2 Weeks Off|
Vacancy for position of: Dredge Master ATB
Atlas Professionals is a leading provider of marine, catering, construction, maintenance and logistics support to the offshore sector. Working across Australia, New Zealand and internationally, we specialise in providing offshore personnel and logistics solutions.
We are currently taking expressions of interest for Dredge Masters ATB for one of our clients.
This position would be based in Queensland Australia for a duration of approximately 18 months with the anticipated project start date in the second quarter of 2020.
The salary range for this position will be $125,000 to $130,000 per annum
The Dredge Master ATB is responsible for the daily management on board. This includes aspects such as the applicable P.M.S. (Plant Maintenance System) and the S.M.S. (Safety Management System), communication, environmental care, safety and working conditions, compliance with regulations and company instructions, quality management and day-to-day administration. Your key tasks responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Together with the Backhoe Dredge Master the Dredge Master ATB is responsible for the efficient coordination of the Dredge Barge / Backhoe cycle.
- Providing leadership towards achieving the safety objectives of the company. Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant company’s (safety) guidelines and procedures (especially the clients safety behaviour program).
- Navigation and positioning safely under all conceivable circumstances (current, tide, weather and wind).
- Ensuring timely and effective communication with relevant stakeholders, crewmembers and project team onsite.
- Ensuring technical condition of the vessel, equipment and execution of unplanned maintenance.
- Promoting and encouraging a good working atmosphere during the watch, maintaining discipline and ensuring order and tidiness.
Maintaining of (technical) records, drawings and reports, ensuring compliance with the clients Fleet Management System, Ship Maintenance System, applicable control procedures and local legislation.
To be considered for this position, you will have the below minimum qualifications & experience:
- Minimum 3 years previous experience working in the dredging industry as Master onboard an ATB and a minimum of 2 years’ experience with Azimuth Stern Drive
- Minimum current STCW Master II/2, unlimited operational area
- Must have working rights within Australia
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume and cover letter. Please note a minimum of two (2) successful work related reference checks are required from positions in the last five (5) years for this role.
Should you be interested in the position of Dredge Master, please send your application via the apply button.