Dredging Environmental Engineer
|Job reference nr.:||MW-084206|
|Discipline Category:||Marine Environmental|
|Type of work:||Contract|
|Start date:||February 1, 2019|
Atlas Professionals is a leading provider of marine, catering, construction, maintenance and logistics support to the offshore sector. Working across Australia, New Zealand and internationally, we specialise in providing offshore personnel and logistics solutions.
We are currently taking expressions of interest for a Dredging Environmental Engineer for one of our clients.
This position would be based in Adelaide Australia for a duration of approximately 9 months with the anticipated project start date in the first quarter of 2019.
The salary range for this position will be $75,000 – $85,000 per annum
As a Dredging Environmental Engineer you are responsible to establish, maintain and improve Environmental and Quarantine systems and procedures. To provide expert advice to project personnel in Environmental and Quarantine matters and to raise awareness and compliance with Environmental practices. Provide Environmental and Quarantine training and awareness for all project personnel. Undertaking inspections, investigations and audits for weekly reporting of KPI’s and monitoring all aspects to maintain corporate environmental objectives.
To be considered for this position it would be preferable for you to have the below qualifications & experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Marine Dredging Environmental Engineering role in environmental management of dredging projects.
- Minimum higher professional education preferably with qualifications pertinent to maritime environmental engineering and or Coastal / River management
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with dredging techniques, environmental modelling and working methods.
- Experience with dredge turbidity measurement, monitoring and dredge plume modelling
- Experience with marine mammal observation and knowledge of native seagrass in relation to turbidity and dredging.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume and cover letter. Please note a minimum of two (2) successful work related reference checks are required from positions in the last five (5) years are required for this role