|Job reference nr.:||AT-133530|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||July 1, 2022|
|Job duration:||6 months|
Our Client Company is a Taiwanese company engaged in Taiwan's energy transformation to renewable energy. Their vision is to be the industry's trusted partner for offshore wind. They are now looking for dynamic and inspired colleagues who also wish to be part of this journey.
As an electrical inspector, you will be working in an international team environment performing inspections on electrical equipment, electrical outfitting, and cabling installation for the purpose of vessel construction. At the next stage of vessel newbuilding, you will be deeply involved in the supervision of commissioning activities. This position will be at the front line playing a key role in the supervision of the vessel construction and commissioning. You will be responsible for all on-site electrical related tasks and for producing timely and detailed field reports once the inspections are complete. Below is a non-limitative list of tasks for this position:
• Inspections of incoming material, electrical equipment installation, cable tray installation, cable transit closures, cable pulling, cable termination and I/O checks according to the engineering documentation and specifications.
• Taking part in the Harbour Acceptance Trails and Sea Acceptance Trails. Verifying the correct functioning of electrical equipment and identification of non-conformities.
• Actively coming up with solutions to issues that may arise during electrical installation and commissioning works.
• Recording inspection data and reporting potential risks.
• Following-up and reporting on the progress of electrical installation works and commissioning.
• Reviewing detailed engineering documentation and subcontractor procedures related to electrical works.
• Ensuring close-out of all open issues/punch-points within the time frame agreed with the yard.
• Reporting daily by means of short written reports to superiors and colleagues.
• Interacting with shipyard, vendors and subcontractors to actively support electrical installation and commissioning works.
• Safely conduct on-site visual and hands-on inspections of the vessel electrical systems;
• Verify that the necessary safety barriers have been taken during the electrical installation and commissioning works.
• Communicate and confer about the inspection status with colleagues, shipyard representatives and class surveyors.
• You hold minimum a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
• You have documented experience in a similar job for at least 3 years, for example in electrical inspection works, sailing as electrician on board of a ship, electrical commissioning engineer,
• You have a strict attention to detail, organization, and complete all given tasks with the highest level of quality workmanship
• You are able to read and understand electrical (shipbuilding) specifications and design drawings
• You comply with all safety policies and industry regulations, including, but not limited to SOLAS, OSHA, NATE, and internal company safety policies • You maintain a professional demeanor, safe habits, and best practices regarding safety requirements on site
• You ensure frequent and effective communication with your Superiors. You are able to relay non-conformances observed in Microsoft Excel or Word
• You are able to communicate in English and Mandarin, both verbal as written;
• Proficiency with basic operations in Microsoft Office
• You will be working at the shipyard in a construction environment
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.
Please send your updated English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org