Engine Rating - CTV
|Job reference nr.:||CL-091806|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Marine|
|Type of work:||Contract|
|Start date:||January 1, 2020|
Are you an experienced Engine Rating looking for a new challenge in Taiwan? Apply now with Atlas Professionals in Singapore, Singapore for the position of Engine Rating - CTV.
- Will operate from the harbour area of Budai (formerly known as Po-te-chhui)
- As an Engine Rating, you will assist the Chief Engineer in running all engine operations including troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of equipment and any other duties as instructed by Chief Engineer.
- In addition to your engineering duties, you will be required to assist with deck operations, including craning, mooring and any other duties as instructed by the Master.
- All crew are expected to share on board domestic duties including cleaning and cooking.
- You will be required to work on shifts or such other working patterns onboard the vessel in compliance with vessel’s operational requirements and local regulations.
- When the CTV is operating 12 hours or more a day, it will be moored overnight in the port and crew will be accommodated onboard the vessel.
- You will be working on 3 months ON, 3 months OFF rotation cycle (This may vary according to requirements)
- Operate and monitor vessel machinery and equipment in accordance to standard operating procedures;
- Maintain and hand over engineering watch in accordance to standard operating procedures;
- Work in cooperation with the Chief Engineer to carry out troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of equipment, machinery and tools;
- Maintain proper records of movements and activities relating to engineering systems;
- Maintain cleanliness of all technical spaces, engine rooms, tank rooms and bilges;
- Assist crew with deck operations such as lifting operations, mooring vessels, personnel transfer etc
- Assist in overseeing contractors repair and shipyard jobs for the vessel
- Assist in emergency and damage control situations.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Taiwanese & Taiwanese Permanent Residents to apply only due to Flag requirements
- Engine Room Rating Certificate or higher issued by Maritime Port Bureau of Taiwan.
- Experience in small high speed vessel engine room operations preferred but not essential
- Experience working on FPP & Gearbox of Cat 32 engines type preferred
- Valid STCW 95/2010 Basic training certificates including but not limited to
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Fire Prevention and Advance Fire Fighting
- Medical First Aid, Security Awareness Training and Personal Safety & Social Responsibility.
- Valid Seafarer Medical Certificate
- Good command over Mandarin is required. Basic knowledge of English preferred.
Should you be interested in the position of Engine Rating - CTV, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Chris Lawrence, Account Manager in Singapore stating reference number CL-091806