Environment & Sustainability Specialist
|Job reference nr.:||SD-111854|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||November 2, 2020|
Do you want to make a real difference and be part of the Wind industry and contribute to the construction of the onshore Dutch wind farms? We are now looking for an Environmental Field Specialist.
The Environmental Field Specialist (EFS) will ensure that all practices during project construction comply with best practice and all relevant environmental legislation, and that all relevant consent conditions and other environmental / ecological / hydrological commitments, specifically at site level, are adhered to. The EFS will provide toolbox talks and environmental information to all relevant site personnel and will keep a log and provide updates of significant activities and incidents on site which will be submitted to the Site Manager / Contractor responsible person / Permit Specialist.
Key areas of the work will be to:
• Support the construction teams in respect to onshore wind to ensure compliance of legal requirements & permit(s), identify risks and opportunities and act accordingly;
• Monitor contractors to ensure adherence to relevant requirements dictated by good practice, Employers Requirements and relevant construction related, consent, legal or permit requirements;
• Provide support to the Site Manager and have day-to-day responsibility for monitoring the environmental aspects of the project on site;
• Report all environmental events to the Site Manager / H&S Specialist / Environmental or Permit Specialist in an appropriate timescale and in accordance with the Emergency Response Plan if applicable;
• Environmental input in contracting and due diligence, including: contractor evaluation and risk assessments; kick off meetings with contractors; follow up on contractor deliverables and performance;
• Visiting sites for site inspections and participating in contractor audits;
• Support reporting to and dialogue with authorities and fulfillment of environmental obligations, synchronizing message to authorities and responding on questions or demands;
• Degree in a relevant environmental discipline and relevant work experience;
• Understanding of Dutch permitting & planning regimes;
• Knowledge of the Dutch Legislation and Guidelines/Best Practice related to Environment;
• Knowledge of the Wind industry an advantage and familiarity with Environmental Management Systems;
• Good communication skills. You will communicate with stakeholders from different cultural settings and educational backgrounds;
• Fluent in written and spoken Dutch and good mastering of English required;
• Enthusiastic about Environment and Sustainability.
Workweek contains 37.5 hours (Mon-Fri).
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.