|Job reference nr.:||MM-128137|
|Job category:||Offshore Marine, QHSE, Renewables, Survey|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Job location:||United States|
At the moment we have an opening for the permanent position of Field Hydrographer to work in United States. Interested in this permanent position? Let us know.
- Conduct field operations for hydrographic survey projects and perform data processing tasks. both on board survey vessels and in the office.
- Set-up and operate hydrographic survey equipment and survey vessel.
- Install and operate real-time kinematic (RTK) positioning equipment and apply post-processing kinematic (PPK) techniques to hydrographic data.
- Responsible for installation, calibration and operation of high-resolution multi-beam and single beam systems.
- Acquire and process sound velocity and/or CTD data.
- Install and operate tide gauges and process the resulting data.
- Process and interpret final data sets at least to the QA/QC stages.
- Follow safety rules and practices.
- Perform routine inspection, maintenance and minor repair of hydrographic survey equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine Science, Cartography, Geomatics, Geosciences, Engineering or related field required.
- At least two years of related experience in the field of hydrographic surveying, involving both single beam and multi-beam bathymetry.
- Experience using hydrographic software, survey measurements and hydrographic equipment.
- Ability to create and interpret bathymetric/topographic maps.
- Experience in navigation and positioning software and survey line planning a plus.
- Proven track record of leadership, initiative and self-motivation, the ability to effectively follow best practices with regards to HSE, and attention to detail are all important skills to bring to the position.
- Knowledge AutoCAD or GIS.
- Knowledge of GPS and motion reference positioning systems, calibration techniques and data processing.
- Good writing skills, including a track record preparing at least preliminary, but preferably, final reports.
- Ability to safely operate a small boat or water craft.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to remain tactful and professional when managing groups with various opinions and task timelines.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent observational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 50%+ travel to projects both within the US and overseas will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid state driver’s license.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.