Field Project Manager/Party Chief
|Job reference nr.:||IC-132995|
|Job category:||Offshore Marine, QHSE, Renewables, Survey|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Job location:||United States|
Atlas Professionals is looking for professionals to work as Field Project Manager/Party Chief with one of the clients of the office in Houston, United States. It’s a permanent position in Norwood, NJ with some offshore projects.
- Field project management, including client liaising, planning field operations, managing field survey logistics, overseeing field personnel while on the project and providing QA/QC of data.
- Act as Party Chief, coordinating with the survey vessel Master and be the technical and managerial lead for the marine survey crew assigned to the survey vessel.
- Provide leadership under pressure, motivating field staff to meet deadlines while providing clients with high quality of data.
- Oversee daily data QA/QC, survey logs, progress reports, and HSE documents.
- Ensure that HSEQ protocols are followed and that personal and co-worker safety is a top priority.
- Support and communicate with field staff regularly and effectively.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal departments.
- Monitor schedules and processing issues and delays and pro-actively work in mitigation plans.
- Supervise the care and maintenance of equipment in the field.
- Encourage a culture of continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in the marine sciences related to the field of endeavor (hydrography, geophysics, or geotechnical sampling).
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in the marine survey field with proven experience as a field project manager.
- Expertise within one or multiple of the following areas: O&G or Renewable Energy infrastructure projects, submarine cable/pipeline routing and/or civil/environmental engineering.
- Working knowledge of marine remote sensing instrumentation and software such as GPS positioning systems, IMUs, USBLs, multibeam bathymetry, Side Scan Sonars, Subbottom Profilers, Magnetometers, CTD/SV profilers, water quality sondes, etc. Software packages which could be used include QINSy, HYPACK, MagLog, Montaj, SonarWiz, SonarPro, Geosuite, Kingdom Suites, Radex.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, GIS and Global Mapper a plus.
- Knowledge of navigation and positioning techniques and an adequate knowledge of horizontal and vertical datums and datum transformations in order to oversee QC.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.