Financial Controller - Aberdeen
|Job reference nr.:||FR-102453|
|Job category:||Atlas Staff Position|
Atlas Professionals are the global market leaders for HR and Staffing for the Offshore Energy and Marine industry and has offices in 16 countries - from Russia to Brazil, Norway to Singapore. Our global reach enables us to search worldwide for the most talented professionals to meet the needs of our many clients. We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to work within our Aberdeen team, managing a team of 6 colleagues.
This role reports into the Group Financial Controller UK based in our Bristol office and has a functional reporting line into the Business Manager in the Aberdeen office. Within the role responsibilities include
- Reporting of the turnover, cost of sales, gross margin, OPEX of the assigned business unit or legal entity.
- Recording of the financial entries of the assigned legal entity.
- Prepares and analyses internal and external financial reports.
- Preparing budget and forecasts as it relates to OPEX for the assigned business unit or legal entity.
- Within the assigned business unit or legal entity, the Controller is responsible for reporting on a periodical basis of the figures of the allocated business unit or legal entity.
Additional responsibilities include the control and monitor of:
- The timely and accurate reporting of all relevant P&L and balance sheets accounts as part of the monthly closing
- Ensure balance sheet integrity
- Financial analysis and reporting (eg margin sheets, OPEX)
- Timely and accurate external reporting (eg VAT)
- Support statutory, tax and any other financially related audit
- Support cost price models in line with Atlas Finance, Tax and Legal standards.
- Support credit checks and setting up the credit limits of clients and prospects.
- Working capital management.
- Economic efficiency and effectiveness of contracted professionals with a long-term agreement.
- Operations support planning.
- Budget and the forecast of the assigned operations regarding the OPEX.
- The risks: cash flow risks, currency risks and liquidity risks.
- Managing and development of the finance team (accounting and payroll) of the designated locations.
- The Atlas compliance guidelines.
Education & Training
- Bachelors / Academic degree in relevant subject (Accounting or Business Economics) or the ability to perform at this level by experience or comparable degree.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
Knowledge & Experience
- The Controller is required to read and understand documents and contracts related to the financial department.
- The Controller has affinity with automation, is concise and results driven.
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role is essential
- Previous experience in managing personnel and executing financial and organisational plans.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer an annual company bonus scheme, company benefits include Vitality private medical health care, Life Assurance, Critical Illness cover, Contributory Pension, 25 days holiday as standard with the ability to increase to 30, 1 paid volunteer day annually and Gym membership contribution.
Should you be interested in the position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Ffion Rossiter, HR Coordinator in Bristol, United Kingdom stating reference number FR-102453