First Line O&M Support Engineers at Vattenfall NV
|Job reference nr.:||MD-092309|
|Discipline Category:||Offshore Wind|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||August 31, 2019|
Vattenfall is a leading European energy company with approximately 20,000 employees. For more than 100 years they have electrified industries, supplied energy to people's homes and modernized our way of living. They now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
For their team of first line o&m support engineers, located in Amsterdam, they have 2 positions available. One for the support of the Siemens D3 turbine and one for the Siemens G4 turbines on several wind farms abroad.
You will work at the headquarter of The Netherlands in Amsterdam, within a very ambitious team where play hard and work hard is the motto.
Part of the strategy is to make sure this team will help improve the processes and minimize the O&M downtime on the platforms.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are the following:
- Knows all the "ins and outs"of the different turbine platforms from the technical side (Siemens D3 or Siemens G4)
- Receive, record and effectively evaluate technical request (including trouble shooting ones) to ensure accurate assessment and best resolution, for each situation, is provided to the different stakeholders
- Prioritize those technical requests in relation to all open items on the whole Vattenfall fleet to ensure immediate actions are taken. Distribute those requests to other departments if required
- Coordinate with sites to ensure implementations are followed
- Generate regularly performance reports for management
- Prepare, review and update on standard work documentation
- Create, coordinate and maintain internal expert operational groups for the different platforms where technical knowledge is shared and captured
What do you bring to the job?
- A technical background with a qualification in electrical and/or mechanical discipline is required or qualified by experience (minimum 5-10 years)
- Previous experience in electronics, computers and troubleshooting background is a plus
- Knowledge of one or more technical Siemens turbines (either D3 or G4)
- Work experience in the wind industry, including technical knowledge of wind farms is essential
- SAP plant maintenance is mandatory
- Fluent use of standard office software and use of standard portal based systems
- High energy level, responsible and structured person that delivers the high quality and seeks for improvements. Practical approach, hands-on, open minded and eager to learn new things. Can extract core content from complex and diverse information and present it in a simple way
- Capable of working independently and as a team member in a cohesive and participative manner. Reach out to others on time, escalate where required
- Ability to manage high pressure situations and to make effective use of time to ensure completion of tasks is a must
- A good command of English, both spoken as written. Together with strong communication skills and confidence in dealing with numerous stakeholders
- Ability to work in an intercultural, dynamic, international, multidisciplinary environment
- A flexible attitude with regards to tasks, hours and travelling as/when necessary
- Location of the position is Amsterdam with occasional business trips
- You will directly go on contract with Vattenfall NV
- Competitive extra's
- Salary scale between € 3.200 - 4.500, depending on experience
Should you be interested in the position of Wind Turbine Technician, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Miranda de Kraker, Account Manager Renewables in Vlissingen, The Netherlands stating reference number MD-092309