|Job reference nr.:||MM-128138|
|Job category:||Offshore Marine, QHSE, Renewables, Seismic, Survey|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Job location:||United States|
We are recruiting for the position of Geophysical Processor right away. Upload your CV for the recruiters in Houston, United States to review.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on geophysical data acquisition conducted during field operations for offshore survey projects.
- Perform data processing tasks both on board survey vessels and in the office.
- Process, interpret and analyze geophysical data in one or more of the following market areas: Offshore Wind and/or O&G infrastructure projects, submarine cable/pipeline routing, civil engineering and/or environmental assessment projects.
- Set-up and operate geophysical survey equipment.
- Perform GIS data analysis.
- Process and interpret final data sets from the QA/QC stages.
- Draft preliminary reports on data finding according to project specifications.
- Assist in charting production.
- Follow safety rules and practices.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geophysics, Geology or related field required.
- At least 5 years of applicable geophysical experience.
- Must have strong experience processing data acquired with: side scan sonars, sub-bottom profilers, single-channel ultra-high resolution seismic and magnetometer/gradiometers. Software package proficiency should include Sonarwiz 7, SeaView, Radex Pro, Geosuite Allworks, Kingdom Suites, Oasis Montaj, MagPick, etc.
- Proven track record of leadership, initiative and self-motivation, the ability to effectively follow best practices with regards to HSE, and attention to detail are all important skills to bring to the position.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or GIS a plus.
- Knowledge of GPS and motion reference positioning systems, calibration techniques and data processing.
- Good writing skills, including a track record preparing at least preliminary, but preferably, final reports.
- Experience in navigation and positioning software and survey line planning a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to remain tactful and professional when managing groups with various opinions and task timelines.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent observational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 50%+ travel to projects both within the US and overseas for offshore/remote or offshore/office based processors.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Prolonged periods of standing on a vessel and sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Working in outdoor weather conditions on a vessel.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.