|Job reference nr.:||JB-118744|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Job location:||United Kingdom|
Are you looking for the next frontier in Survey? We are recruiting for the position of Geophysicist right now. Upload your CV for the recruiters in Newquay, United Kingdom to review.
Our client is recruiting for a Project Geophysicist to join our world leading geophysical survey department based at thier waterfront office in Portchester on the UK’s south coast.
As a Project Geophysicist, you will be responsible for project data quality; working closely with teams in the field to deliver the project objectives to the contracted schedule. The role includes working with the Project Manager and the client as the technical lead; shaping how the project is planned, managed and run.
The Project Geophysicist leads, coaches and mentors other members of the team, promoting quality and ensuring that the client delivers industry-leading data to their clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to gain exposure to a variety of projects and data types; working in a range of markets (including renewables, UXO, pipeline inspection) and processing different geophysical data types. Great for those who enjoy learning and a varied career.
- You have a strong technical understanding of geophysical data sets including sub-bottom profiler, sidescan sonar and magnetometer;
- You have experience of geophysical processing and report writing;
- You have excellent attention with a critical eye for data review and QC;
- You are confident managing others, leading a team and interacting with clients;
- You are highly numerate and literate and enjoy writing technical documents;
- You want to work in an innovative environment with access to the latest equipment and software;
- You want to be part of some of the largest offshore engineering projects in the world, including world-leading offshore wind projects;
- You want to work in a dynamic and ambitious team with opportunities to develop new skills.
On a daily basis you will be working closely with the project team; including the client, Project Manager, vessel team and geophysicists. You will be responsible for leading the project geophysicist processing team and reporting to the Geophysical Processing Coordinator.
- Processing, interpretation and reporting of geophysical data including sub-bottom profiler, side scan sonar and magnetometer;
- Undertaking data and report QC to ensure that survey specifications are met;
- Leading and assisting with vessel mobilisations and demobilisations;
- Liaising with clients in a technical capacity and acting as a project technical lead;
- Managing and leading other personnel working on the project;
- Attending and chairing meetings; including the delivery alignment meeting, weekly internal and external meetings and client delivery team meetings;
- Tracking project progress, resourcing and deadlines;
- Training, coaching and mentoring other members of the team.
Benefits for this role include a competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days annual leave and private medical insurance.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geophysics or closely related subject;
- A strong knowledge and experience of marine geophysical survey techniques, in relation to both data acquisition and processing;
- Good verbal and written English language skills;
- An ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients;
- Confidence working under pressure to tight deadlines;
- A high attention to detail, quality and safety.
- Experience in Oasis Montaj, SonarWiz, RadExPro, Kingdom Suite;
- Experience in line management;
- Experience in project management;
- Able to work offshore for periods of up to 4 weeks;
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring others;
- Experience and confidence in liaising with clients;
- Offshore/practical experience in oil and gas, ocean science, renewables and/or survey industries.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.