Grid Civil Engineer Onshore
|Job reference nr.:||IC-135162|
|Job category:||Engineering & Project Controls, Renewables|
|Type of work:||Temporary|
|Start date:||September 1, 2022|
|Job location:||United States|
Our client is looking for a Grid Civil Engineer Onshore. The job is based in United States. Do you have the necessary skills? Contact our Engineering & Project Controls;Renewables team in Boston, United States.
The Civil Engineer shall be responsible for undertaking project engineering duties in accordance with the work package engineering plan, this shall include:
- Completion of engineering studies and management of consultant engineers.
- Development of technical specification, review of tender submissions and completion of technical assessments of the bids.
- Management of Contractor’s engineering deliverables.
- Undertake resident engineer duties at manufacturing facility or construction site.
Minimum Criteria (Mandatory)
- Specific onshore Civil engineering experience gained within renewables industry.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with a solid grasp of engineering control in large-scale project delivery environment.
- Knowledge and experience of construction health and safety requirements.
- Computer literate with knowledge and experience of Microsoft applications.
- Self-motivated, with effective personal organisation and planning skills.
- English speaking.
The candidate should also possess:
- Excellent project engineering, inter-personal and communications skills.
- To conceptualise engineering solutions and provide the methodology and detailed thinking to turn them into solutions
- To provide on-site technical solutions to unforeseen engineering problems that mitigate program slippage
- In depth knowledge of current standards and guidelines of Civil Engineering industry.
- In depth knowledge/understanding of current standards and guidelines for the design, manufacture, installation and testing of Civil works.
- The ability to plan and engineer conflicting requirements and meeting challenging deadlines.
- Ability to interrelate own discipline areas with outputs from other engineering solutions and contribute to overall operable solution mitigating risk of gaps in end to end solution.
- Having the ability to develop, investigate and understand detailed civil engineering works for transmission network design and construction and the interfaces with mechanical, electrical, plant, overhead line and cable works.
- Understanding of geotechnical and geophysical survey techniques and reports.
- Able to produce engineering designs that are compliant with policy and accurately budgeted taking into account all relevant information and knowledge
- Develops proposals relating to the technical content of policies, standards and specifications whilst recognising the benefit of consultation with stakeholders or peers to ensure effective implementation.
- Makes recommendations with regard to civil engineering approvals.
- Flexibility to travel between Iberdrola offices and contractor facilities in UK/Europe.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.