|Job reference nr.:||LS-085314|
|Discipline Category:||Engineering & Project Controls|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||February 28, 2019|
At the moment we have a vacancy for the position of HR Consultant. Interested? And do you have the necessary experience?
Our Client, is a global dredging contractor and marine service provider that offers a unique combination of experts, vessels, and services. They maintain high safety and sustainability standards. Provide innovative and competitive solutions to their clients in the offshore energy sector, ports, and coastal and delta regions of the world. They are currently offering an excellent opportunity for talented individuals to participate in a project located in Kitimat, British Columbia.
- Research and or develop a software system/Excel spreadsheets to track all information on employees such as start dates, onboarding requirements, work visas, SIN for expats and other pertinent
- Develop with the Project Directors Company policies where required and communicate these policies throughout the workforce.
- Track and maintain timekeeping records for all personnel working onsite.
- Ensure a performance management system is in place and being used when required.
- Responsible for supporting the facility with compliance of all Provincial and federal HR mandates.
- Organizing and timely executing recruitment and selection processes to meet the project requirements
- Make commercially reasonable efforts (and cause its subcontractors to also make such efforts) to hire applicants for employment within predefined hiring preferences included in the CLIP (Contractor Local Implementation Plan)
- Post all positions for employment in the Local Area with applicable employment agencies and departments, including the employment agencies and departments of Aboriginal Groups in the Local Area including the Working Warriors site.
- Review the qualifications of every preferred qualified applicant.
- Provide feedback on the interview process and results to the applicants/agencies
- Hire qualified preferred applicants for positions identified in the employment opportunity matrix
- Building and maintaining relationships with external agencies and partners.
- Develop and maintain a list of general qualifications, experience level, training and certification required for each position.
- Maintain an up to date (correspondence) register of job application, selection outcomes, etc.
- Liaise with Client corporate HR and Client’s agent PF Collins on the immigration process of all foreign nationals intended to work on the project site in Kitimat
- Ensure timely delivery of all necessary paperwork to support the visa application process
- Responsible for the planning process, timely communication to employees and projects/vessels and ensuring the timely provision of relevant information and travel documentation
- Work with Corporate HR to ensure compliance with (inter)national law and legislation and company’s policies and procedures for the deployment of employees: visa, training certificates
- Coordinate the onboarding/off-boarding process, collect and record all necessary documents
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- A degree and/or relevant HR professional certification.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience recruiting for complex technical and professional roles.
- A combination of a search firm or recruitment agency experience and corporate recruitment experience preferred.
- Proficient expertise in the following areas: candidate assessment techniques, screening a large volume of candidates, sourcing strategies, and web-based media sourcing.
- Outstanding relationship and interpersonal skills, with proven influencing skills at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business demands and priorities.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, as required.
- Exceptional customer service focus.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and integrity.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Good judgment and reasoning skills.
The worksite is located in Kitimat, British Columbia. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 Hours per day.
Our Client offers a very competitive pay rate.
Available rotation schedule available (3 weeks on: 1 week off)
Plus accommodation and food paid for when candidates reside outside of the local area.
Should you be interested in the position of HR Consultant, please send your application via the apply button. For more information, please contact Laura Smith, Business Manager - Houston in Houston, USA stating reference number LS-085314