|Job reference nr.:||SL-127112|
|Job category:||Offshore Marine, QHSE, Renewables|
|Type of work:||Permanent|
|Start date:||December 1, 2021|
We are looking for a HSE Engineer
- Surveys construction projects to identify and evaluate physical conditions, safety practices, hazardous situations and compliance with established safety standards.
- Reviews history of accidents and claims and prepares reports and recommendations as required.
- Conduct proper level of Site Safety Orientations and Site Required Training to subcontractors and work partners.
- Spending 60% the time in the project field coaching and correcting "At-Risk Behaviors."
- Coordinates safety of the projects as a whole schedule, loss history, upcoming activities, etc. and provides stimulus for proactive loss control efforts.
- Conduct accident investigations and provide recommendations for corrective/preventive action.
- Assists in the development and implementation of standardized OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) .
- Interfaces with the related safety professionals to direct and improve effectiveness of safety standards, codes and regulations.
- Coordinates, develops and /or conducts weekly safety meeting.
- Reviews subcontractor safety program to ensure compliance with projects safety standards.
- Assures the proper use of productive equipment.
- Development, implementation and management experience with HSE-S Management Systems. (Identifying HSE-S hazards, determining associated risks and ensuring corrective controls).
- Significant experience in shipyard/construction operations and performing HSE inspection duties.
- Good understanding of industrial hygiene and safety regulations and application.
- Knowledge of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) record keeping requirements and familiarity with basic medical terminology.
- Excellent people skills and bilingual written and verbal communication (Chinese and English).
- Computer literate with advanced knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, and the internet.
- Must be physically able to walk to all yard locations and be relocated if needed.
- Working locations may be but not limited to Kaohsiung, Taichung, Changhua, and Taipei.
- Typically has an Bachelor's Degree in Business, HSE-S, or related field with four(4) years' experience in HSE-S related activities.
- Have valid HSE-S certificates.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.